• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The health lottery

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The health lottery

My local shop has a sign outside that says 'the health lottery. Play here'

I hope this isn't a reference to any of their varied edible delicacies.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Could make a killing at kabab shops.

Comment

The small print, in case you don't get a chance to read it:

The Health Lottery: Contact your GP today, you may win one of the following prizes in hospital:

- A doctor who can understand more than one word in three of the English language
      - A hospital stay without catching an unnecessary infection
      - A nurse who doesn't remind you at least once a minute that she has a degree while complaining that changing your bandage is beneath her
      - A wheelchair ride through the private part of the hospital where you're shown what you could afford if you weren't ill
      - A debilitating illness that allows you to sue for at least £1m

There is also a special prize for those living in Inner London where you're given the choice between a clean bed or food that hasn't been spat in by the immigrant consultant neurosurgeon who is having to work as a hospital porter because he can't get a certification.

All yours for your national insurance payments. (Purchase not necessary if you've never had a job)

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
        My local shop has a sign outside that says 'the health lottery. Play here'

I hope this isn't a reference to any of their varied edible delicacies.
        Its owned by a Mr R. Desmond. That should give you a good idea of its likely success rate. Wait for adverts to only appear on C5 and the Express ala Big Brother news stories this time around.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
        X