• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

See - you fork over 20% and they just waste it...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

See - you fork over 20% and they just waste it...

'One reader, a recruitment consultant from Leeds, is typical of hundreds of thousands of people, who bought during the boom years. He bought a new flat in a Leeds waterside development for £180,000 in 2005. But, by 2009, he was told the flat was worth between £100,000 and £120,000. He says agents told him it would be at least a decade before he could break even. The flat eventually sold for £120,000 and he is now renting.
    He says: ‘The experience has left me quite badly scarred. I will never buy a new- build again, and I am almost sure I won’t get a mortgage again, either. I will save and buy outright or not buy at all'

I plan to buy flat that I am happy to live in for next 10 years if necessary, given current level of money printing it will be worth £10 mln by then.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I plan to buy flat that I am happy to live in for next 10 years if necessary, given current level of money printing it will be worth £10 mln by then.
      If wages don't rise as fast as price inflation, house prices will have to fall in real terms too though?

Comment

Recruitment agenct shafted by estate agent shocker
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

It is a bit like buying a contractor. you buy one for £100,000 and take a share of the margin. the bobs come in and rip the heart out of the market and you are lucky to get 10 bob for him

agents should stick to taking a commission and not get into capital expenditure
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I plan to buy flat that I am happy to live in for next 10 years if necessary,.

Only a single man would ever make this statement. You may think that you can live happily in your new pad for then next ten years but I guarantee 'she' won't agree. Take it from me. I have no idea whom 'she' will be but sooner or later (within ten years) you will be posting on here complaining about estate agent's fees.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Only a single man would ever make this statement. You may think that you can live happily in your new pad for then next ten years but I guarantee 'she' won't agree. Take it from me. I have no idea whom 'she' will be but sooner or later (within ten years) you will be posting on here complaining about estate agent's fees.
              Should I make a placeholder thread for it will you do that?

Comment

I have no idea whom 'she' will be
                She who must be obeyed...

Comment

She who must be obeyed...
                  Big assumption there PL. For all we know AtW may prefer the same sex. You cannot assume anything these days, all PC and that. There's a lot of prejudice still of course, but not me. If AtW is a shirt lifter good luck to him.

Just make sure he doesnt sit next to me at a CUK do.
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

If AtW is a shirt lifter good luck to him. ..
                    Some women wear shirts these days. So you've offended straight shirtlifters now.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X