• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

TVR laying off half of it's staff

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TVR laying off half of it's staff

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/4929972.stm

TVR, the UK's biggest independent sports carmaker, is laying off half of its workforce, a union has warned.
    The Transport and General Workers' Union said half of the firm's 300 staff had received a letter telling them to stay home from Monday.

Production at the company's Blackpool plant is said to have fallen from 12 cars a week to two.

Oh Dear - UK economy seems incapable of sustaining any jobs outside of civil servants and shelf stackers......

its
    We must strike at the lies that have spread like disease through our minds

Comment

it's

Comment

"The firm was bought in 2004 by young Russian multi-millionaire Nikolay Smolensky, who was just 23 at the time."

"Much of his money is reported to have come from the businesses created by his father: Russia's first private banker, the oligarch Alexander Smolensky."

These are the money of ordinary Russian investors in his bank that gone bust in 1998 but he managed to save plenty of money for himself, I wonder how he did it...

Here is one thing about new management (that young guy): he hired new CEO or CFO abotu 18 months ago, that guy was well known, ethnusiastic all fine.... but the TVR firm forgot to pay him salary for a few months (!) making him totally enraged and sueing the firm... TVR settled like Sunday before final hearing on Monday!

Comment

Tvr

All fancy clubbing together to buy TVR!

Comment

This is a direct result of IR35 you know.

Comment

Originally posted by Darren@1stAccountancyServ
              All fancy clubbing together to buy TVR!
              I was debating popping in on the way home to ask how much they wanted.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by BillHicksRIP
                it's
                No, it's definitely its.

Comment

Interesting. What I thought I knew about grammar seems to be getting less and less the older I get. Had a 20 minute heated discussion with the wife about where to place commas correctly the other day. Correction cheerfully withdrawn.

Comment

Fortunately the rule is simple: apostrophes in "its" are only used to show contraction, never possession.

Comment

Working...
                    X