• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Takeaway not ready on time... legal recourse?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Takeaway not ready on time... legal recourse?

If I order a takeaway for say 7.30pm and it's still not ready by 8pm, do I have any legal recourse? Is not a contract formed when the restaurant states it will be ready at a certain time? Do I have to pay?

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    If I order a takeaway for say 7.30pm and it's still not ready by 8pm, do I have any legal recourse? Is not a contract formed when the restaurant states it will be ready at a certain time? Do I have to pay?
    Did you go direct or was a 3rd party involved?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

What's your address? We'll get you a pizza or two courtesy of CUK supreme leadership...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        What's your address? We'll get you a pizza or two courtesy of CUK supreme leadership...
        Nick Fitz doing a pizza round again?
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Nick Fitz doing a pizza round again?
          No, he's got 5am Monday delivery slots.

HTH

Comment

Humm, it was presented for collection 30 minutes late, I guess I'll vote with my feet and not go there again. Shame, it's good food, but they're always late and this time broke the camel's back.

Comment

Humm, it was presented for collection 30 minutes late, I guess I'll vote with my feet and not go there again. Shame, it's good food, but they're always late and this time broke the camel's back.
              Don't you kick up a fuss and get a free side-order or something?

If it's a restaurant maybe they hope you'll order a drink while waiting...
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

is there a time limit on their delivery? From my experience most take away shops have seen sense and have dropped any guarantee on when it will be delivered.
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  is there a time limit on their delivery? From my experience most take away shops have seen sense and have dropped any guarantee on when it will be delivered.
                  I used to get pizzas from a place in earlsfield which printed the estimated delivery time on the receipt. They were usually early too.
                  "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

I find takeaways are just awful for reliability, consistency, and quality. To ensure its on time and warm, I generally go and pick the food up, unless its an arse to get to.

So far I've had food poisoning from a chinese takeaway, moldy nan bread from my local indian place, and cold pizza. The worst thing for me is when an order turns up and is the wrong thing, but only for one person... then you've got another 40 minute wait until they sort out a replacement.

I remember 10 years ago renting a flat in Lancashire opposite a Dominos pizza. Back then they always built in the price of delivery into the cost of a pizza. It cost me a tenner to pick my own pizza up . I tried getting a spotty teenager to walk it across the road for me (frowning that he didn't get to use his company moped), but it turned up late and cold. I hope they've sorted out their price model for self-collect nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                    X