• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone feeling creative?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone feeling creative?

One of the things that nark me about facebook (well, if I'm honest, it's the people I'm friends with ) is the chain-letter-esque "I've got a mum, who's wonderful, makes me laugh, makes me cry, etc etc, copy and paste this to your status if you've got a mum you love"

So I think we can collectively do better. We need a subject and a homily.

Suggestions?

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
    One of the things that nark me about facebook (well, if I'm honest, it's the people I'm friends with ) is the chain-letter-esque "I've got a mum, who's wonderful, makes me laugh, makes me cry, etc etc, copy and paste this to your status if you've got a mum you love"

So I think we can collectively do better. We need a subject and a homily.

Suggestions?

What I never get about those things is what they're supposed to achieve. "Put this as your status if you've lost someone you love to cancer." Why exactly? It's not going to a) bring them back or b) fund a cure. "Put this as your status and donate £10 to cancer research" I'd get!

Comment

"Many people suffer from the embarassment of nocturnal enuresis. Sufferers need love, understanding and support. Copy and paste this to your status if someone you know is a bedwetter."

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
        "Many people suffer from the embarassment of nocturnal enuresis. Sufferers need love, understanding and support. Copy and paste this to your status if someone you know is a bedwetter."
        very good
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

I thought only secretaries got such dross on FB.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

There's a thread on this subject at the Mailwatch forums, where Big Vern offers:
            Copy & paste this to your status if you know someone, or have heard of someone who knows someone. If you don't know anyone, or even if you've heard of someone who doesn't know anyone, then still do this. It's important to spread the message. Oh, and the hearts ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ For ****'s sake, don't forget the ******* hearts! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

And SewerUrchin confesses:
            I didn't copy and paste the status. Know what that means? I actively support cancer. I spit on chemo patients and cackle with glee whenever the Mail announces that an everyday thing gives you cancer. I even have a little cheerleader outfit with pompoms in the shape of tumours. I dig cancer, can't you tell? It should be obvious from the lack of someone else's half-arsed sentiments on my facebook.
            Last edited by NickFitz; 8 October 2011, 02:52.

Comment

Facebook and social networks.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                I thought only secretaries got such dross on FB.
                It's sometimes surprising who does post this stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Facebook and social networks.
                  WHS

Saddos sitting at a little computers writing messages for other saddos to read.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    WHS

Saddos sitting at a little computers writing messages for other saddos to read.

WHS. Worthy of an e-rep that.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                    X