• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Next England Manager

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Next England Manager

Think it will between 2 men; Graham Henry and Mc Geechan.

If the All Blacks lift the RWC in Auckland in 2 weeks I fancy Henry will be up for a new challenge. Great manager- look what he did for the Welsh; totally changed the whole approach to the game.

Smart money's on McGuiness Geechan though.

Originally posted by pacharan View Post
    Think it will between 2 men; Graham Henry and Mc Geechan.

If the All Blacks lift the RWC in Auckland in 2 weeks I fancy Henry will be up for a new challenge. Great manager- look what he did for the Welsh; totally changed the whole approach to the game.

Smart money's on McGuiness Geechan though.
    Either of them would be good, Warren Gatland could be an option too. A case of making an offer the new man can't refuse and then giving him the freedom to spend at least a season experimenting.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Gatland wants to head home I think so I doubt he would take an England role.

Comment

How about Clive Woodward?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          How about Clive Woodward?
          He has been there, done it, got the T shirt. Whatever he might say I doubt he will have the hunger that he had 14 years ago.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            He has been there, done it, got the T shirt. Whatever he might say I doubt he will have the hunger that he had 14 years ago.
            Unfortunately he walked away from it when he had a chance, having seen the RFU's management in action.

Geech still has my vote unless Henry can be persuaded away from NZ.
            Last edited by Mich the Tester; 10 October 2011, 07:51.

Comment

Unfortunately he walked away from it when he had a chance, having seen the RFU's management in action.

Geech still has my vote unless Henry can be persuaded away from NZ.
              And also remember his disastrous management of the Lions
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                And also remember his disastrous management of the Lions
                I'm guessing you mean Woodward there, not the Geech.

I think Woodward filled the lions with too many England players and coaches which pissed off the rest.

Comment

I'm guessing you mean Woodward there, not the Geech.

I think Woodward filled the lions with too many England players and coaches which pissed off the rest.
                  I meant Woodward. Why not one of the premiership managers like Toby Booth?

Comment

Until England find a captain who can lead, a centre cobination with a brain, and a bunch of players who can remeber the basic skills of the game, whoever is sat ion the manager's chair won't matter a damn. Looking at Johnson's body language towards the end of the game, he was wondering who the bunch of clueless schoolboys in the white shirts were.

England have all the talent they need. They just need to learn to use it
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X