• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

To lift the Sporting gloom!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To lift the Sporting gloom!!

BBC Sport - Andy Murray defeats Rafael Nadal in Japan Open final

Jonathan Overend,
    BBC tennis correspondent
    "A devastating final set, during which he afforded Nadal only four points, has to be considered one of Murray's finest. He was loose and aggressive, constantly stepping inside the baseline. Everything was off the centre of the racquet and it was a joy to watch. Nadal didn't seem to be struggling physically - this was sheer brilliance from the Brit. With back to back titles in Bangkok and Tokyo, how he must wish for a major to be magically created in Asia."

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Trouble is the elite players move up a few gears for Wimbledon, etc.

Comment

Well played that Brit
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Oh Flower of Britland!
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Good man. But why does he always peak away from the grand slams, and never during them?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Good man. But why does he always peak away from the grand slams, and never during them?
            As he lacks the grey matter, and stones, to win a GS

Comment

D'ya know I tuned into BBC breakfast time this morning expecting it to be the lead sport story

Instead we got:

1:England's Rugby team shenanigans on the Ferry
              2:Some other Rugby News
              3:Vettel's wins world championship
              4:Button wins GP
              5:Rooney and missing Euro build up
              6:Murray wins in Japan final

Which seemed a tad unfair

Is the Japan Open not an important contest?
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
                As he lacks the grey matter, and stones, to win a GS
                Wrong on both counts. I'd explain it slowly to you but on the evidence to date I fear you lack both the experience and ability to digest the nuances of professional tennis.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Wrong on both counts. I'd explain it slowly to you but on the evidence to date I fear you lack both the experience and ability to digest the nuances of professional tennis.
                  I'm all ears. Wait 5 minutes though, and let's wait for Andy, as it appears he doesn't either. Or, has he won one yet? Did I miss that? Sorry, jeez, there's me a keen sportsfan as well.

I do love this, you make a point and people argue you, rather than the point you raised. Wonderful, and there's me thinking this was where the intelligentsia hung out.

Comment

Because he hasn't won a Slam he "doesn't understand the nuances of professional tennis"? Only being ranked 4th on the entire planet does pale compared to your ability to eat pies while watching on TV for knowledge of the sport, good point.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X