• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's time to plan for economic disaster

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's time to plan for economic disaster

Having thought and read all I can about what's happening, I believe that we are sitting on a bomb whose fuse has been lit. There is nothing anyone can realistically do to extinguish this fuse.
    I really hope I am wrong but I think it is time to plan for the worst while hoping for the best.
    Options are:
    (1) Having loads of cash in non-European currency (but not Yen) and a non-European bank - I think US dollars are safe enough for the present.
    (2) Gold, but you must make sure it's real gold and not gold options

That will do for now. I shall make it so.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Having thought and read all I can about what's happening, I believe that we are sitting on a bomb whose fuse has been lit. There is nothing anyone can realistically do to extinguish this fuse.
    I really hope I am wrong but I think it is time to plan for the worst while hoping for the best.
    Options are:
    (1) Having loads of cash in non-European currency (but not Yen) and a non-European bank - I think US dollars are safe enough for the present.

Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Options are:

Baked beans fella. You need to be buying up all the stocks of baked beans. Come the eventual nuclear war you'll be glad youve got them.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        Baked beans fella. You need to be buying up all the stocks of baked beans. Come the eventual nuclear war you'll be glad youve got them.
        Unlike the person you are sharing the shelter with.

Comment

I think US dollars are safe enough for the present.
          So US is not sitting on a bomb then?

Comment

Why not Yen?
            Sorry, being an idiot.. thought you mean yuan
            Last edited by MrRobin; 10 October 2011, 14:18.
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              So US is not sitting on a bomb then?
              Nope. But they might drop a few if the Chinese stop buying more US debt.

Comment

Beans, vitamins, flour, cereal, dried milk, iodine, ak47.

Most canned goods are okay as they've already been cooked. Rice might be a PITA on the cooking front.

Comment

Options are:

There is plenty that can be done. The same amount of money that existed pre 2008 exists now. It is just that it is in different hands. Just like a game of monopoly one player has ended up with Park Lane, Mayfair and Oxford Street etc while the rest are having to mortgage Old Kent Road.

What needs to be done is that governments should be doing what the electorate wants and not what the banks and corporate want.
                  "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Nope. But they might drop a few if the Chinese stop buying more US debt.
                    If War on Terror cost $1 trln trying to deal with countries barely found on the map, just how much $$$ will US need to print to afford war with China?

Just imagine China introduces embargo on sales of any goods to Western countries...

Comment

Working...
                    X