• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Tsk" Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Tsk" Contractors

http://www.itcontractor.com/Articles...49&photopage=0Left the Market

I have been an IT agent for the last 2 years and have left the IT contractor market. Here are a few things you should know about IT contractors:

1. They lie about their current rates.

2. They tell you what rate you are looking for, forget that you've called them and quote you another completely different rate the next week!

3. They lie about the fact that they might have had other offers on the table before you put them forward to a role and then not turn up for your interview if the offer does come through! They may not even call you before planning on not turning up for an interview you might have worked hard to achieve for them.

4. Frankly they are quite rude to talk to

5. All they care about is money and what rate you can get them. they don't care about the role, the company, or the people they'll be working with

6. IT contractors are thankless individuals that only care about themselves and their rates

I don't want to deal with crabby, complaining, money grabbing individuals and I will NEVER work in the IT contractor industry again!

Jill

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Surely 5 and 6 are saying the same thing?

Comment

Tell her to go and put the kettle on and make the contractors a cuppa.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Six things you should know about IT Contractors by an AgentLeft the Market

I have been an IT agent for the last 2 years and have left the IT contractor market. Here are a few things you should know about IT contractors:

2. They tell you what rate you are looking for, forget that you've called them and quote you another completely different rate the next week!

3. They lie about the fact that they might have had other offers on the table before you put them forward to a role and then not turn up for your interview if the offer does come through! They may not even call you before planning on not turning up for an interview you might have worked hard to achieve for them.

5. All they care about is money and what rate you can get them. they don't care about the role, the company, or the people they'll be working with

6. IT contractors are thankless individuals that only care about themselves and their rates

I don't want to deal with crabby, complaining, money grabbing individuals and I will NEVER work in the IT contractor industry again!

Jill

Bye Jill!

And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Surely 5 and 6 are saying the same thing?
          Or she could have simply said that she was no good at recruitment
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

The first reply to that thread on that site:

So does everybody, in every industry. Everytime an agent asks me what rate I am on at the moment - which is none of their business and is only asked with a view to ripping us off - I retort by asking them 'how much do you get paid'. Agents get all offended when you ask them what they are earning, telling you its personal and confidential, then they throw a hissyfit like spoilt little brats when you refuse to divulge the same info for the same reasons.

Why did it take you a week to call back? Experienced contractors know that deals get negotiated and agreed in 48 hours. If you've waited a week before calling back you'll have to learn that the situation will have changed in that time.

Again, it is none of your business what other offers we may or may not have. You wouldn't tell us which other candidates you'd put up against us would you? This is just more of the hypocrasy and in-experience that is endemic throughout recruitment.

That's a reflection on yourself. You insult us, try to rip us off, steal information that allows you to put a cheaper candidate in our place, and you expect us to thank you? Grow up.

Why should we care about the role or the business? They don't care about us and will fire us at the drop of a hat if their profits are threatened. Again, you only show how clueless and inexperienced you are by making such an ignorant comment.

Find it difficult when you actually have to earn your living do you? Wouldn't it be so much nicer if everybody did things just the way you would like them to be done?
            Couldn't have said it better myself. Please can we close this thread.
            It's about time I changed this sig...

Comment

One down, too ******* many left to go

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                Six things you should know about IT Contractors by an AgentLeft the Market

Jill

1) What the **** has my current rate got to do with you?

2) I refer you to the answer to Q1

3) Other offers are again **** all to do with any other agent. I decide where I'm going to work and for how much.

4) Rude to talk to? Perhaps if you actually knew what you were talking about and to whom then you might get a better response.

5) That is (nearly)complete horsesh!t.

6) Get it straight, we have a commercial relationship. If you had wit, intelligence and personality then you wouldn't be a "recruitment consultant"!

Comment

Is that Jilly Babe from Huxley?
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

come on Jill, get yer jugs out
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                    X