• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Very sad news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very sad news

Some really good friends of ours have just said they are splitting up after 30 years of being married. we are close friends and are children are close friends of their children. they are very wealthy and very generous and they always invite us to go to their fantastic skiing chalet in Verbier. anyway they are not talking to me because I tried to help them by offering to buy their chalet off them.

OK I offered half price, but I dont understand why they are so upset
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    Some really good friends of ours have just said they are splitting up after 30 years of being married. we are close friends and are children are close friends of their children. they are very wealthy and very generous and they always invite us to go to their fantastic skiing chalet in Verbier. anyway they are not talking to me because I tried to help them by offering to buy their chalet off them.

Have you just dropped the social bombshell that you are an Agent perhaps?

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

You sure they are not talking to you because of your low-ball offer for the chalet or because you have been low-balling your mates wife?

Comment

Forget about buying the chalet - wrong approach. You should be trying to muscle in on the lass who will be very wealth after her settlement.

Comment

sorry to hear that dodgy. Splitting up has terrible ramifications for all concerned, children, friends and even aquaintances. 30 years makes it a particulary bitter pill. If I were you I would send the kids for a sleep over and get them to spy on your friends. If the ingrates wont even accept 50%, a little blackmail seems to be in order

(\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Best to wait until it gets really nasty. Then offer 40%.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Sad to hear about this, but you might get the chalet even cheaper when it's put on the market.

Comment

Could it be because you haven't taken sides thus offending both of them? Or perhaps because your first instinct when hearing of their predicament was to ask yourself "how can I profit from this"?
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You evil, parasitic materialist bastard. You have no empathy whatsoever and would even bugger up your friends' lives to get a cheap chalet.

Wait a month and offer them 30%
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Did I see the magic word cheap?? What's mere friendship when there is money to be saved?
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X