• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for the Experts: Television Hard Disk recorder and Internet box for tv

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for the Experts: Television Hard Disk recorder and Internet box for tv

Afternoon All,

experts, two questions:

(and please, Microsoft MSDN Certified Contractors need not reply)

Question 1,

Castle Benes needs a hard disk television recorder - what shall we buy ? (more info: Castle Benes has a cable network and there's a network connection by the tv, so we have choices, your typical like panasonic hard disk recorder, or some pc based home media thing um me jig) Experts what shall we do ?

Question 2,

Does such a thing exist as a box which sits next to the tv, and is plugged into interweb and tv and allows one to surf from the main tv and for example watch videos from you tube etc ?

Thanks,

Milan.

It must be great to be you.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      It must be great to be you.
      What, clueless and paid sh!tloads of money?

You're damn right!!!

He's living the ******* dream, man!

Comment

hey you'll luv this,

I took the passat to the airport this morning

driving heaven

anyway back to business, anyone know the answers

in a nutshell I can't be arsed to spend a month reading all the sh!t about this crap,
        so I was hoping some spotty geek on here from a link detached mock tudor abode might know the answer

Dim as I said, fully MSDN certified contractors need not reply - on the other side I guess it that lot who are the link detached mock tudor bunch ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
          Afternoon All,

experts, two questions:

(and please, Microsoft MSDN Certified Contractors need not reply)

Question 1,

Castle Benes needs a hard disk television recorder - what shall we buy ? (more info: Castle Benes has a cable network and there's a network connection by the tv, so we have choices, your typical like panasonic hard disk recorder, or some pc based home media thing um me jig) Experts what shall we do ?

Question 2,

Does such a thing exist as a box which sits next to the tv, and is plugged into interweb and tv and allows one to surf from the main tv and for example watch videos from you tube etc ?

Thanks,

Milan.
          Before we begin & just for clarity

1:You are familiar with the TV & its controls, how to power it up and change channels
          2:The concepts of SCART & HDMI connections are not alien to you & you appreciate that a cable must connect the TV and a external box
          3:Connecting the cable to the boxes is within your capabilities
          4:Any external box require its own power connection
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

You're damn right!!!

If ignorance is bliss, Milan is living in ecstasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
              Before we begin & just for clarity

1:You are familiar with the TV & its controls, how to power it up and change channels
              2:The concepts of SCART & HDMI connections are not alien to you & you appreciate that a cable must connect the TV and a external box
              3:Connecting the cable to the boxes is within your capabilities
              4:Any external box require its own power connection

yep I'm certified in that stuff

had to do re-sits though

so what do you think then Troll ?

see the thing is we've had this 40euro dvd player for years and the mrs has been on at me for years that we should be able to record as well as play dvd's

don't bother me, but you know how it is, man's got to do what a man's got to do, so we need some kind of tv hard disk recorder internet thing to keep the mrs happy

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

You're damn right!!!

nice one Winston

the other don't get it do they

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  yep I'm certified in that stuff

had to do re-sits though

so what do you think then Troll ?

see the thing is we've had this 40euro dvd player for years and the mrs has been on at me for years that we should be able to record as well as play dvd's

don't bother me, but you know how it is, man's got to do what a man's got to do, so we need some kind of tv hard disk recorder internet thing to keep the mrs happy

Milan.
                  Are you going to upgrade the gramophone at the same time?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
                    Are you going to upgrade the gramophone at the same time?
                    you are not far off there, that's on the shopping list for next year as and when funds permit

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X