• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cars

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cars

This thread is dedicated to cars and people who like to talk about cars.

I'll start off with a true brit.

Originally posted by DimPrawn
    I'll start off with a true brit.
    I prefer Samantha Fox.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

My first car was a 1959 Rover 90...

My 2nd car was a Hillman Imp (sorry, Singer Chamois) which managed to engage two gears at the same time.

My 3rd car was a 1962 Rover 100. With a remarkable misfire and no noticable connection between the front shock & the suspension arm... still did over 90 though.

My 4th car was a Ford Zodiac Mk IV Flying Pig 3 litre V6. Still got the engine for reasons that escape me... anyone want a 3 litre V6 with a front sump? No? Didn't think so.

My 5th car was a Vauxhall Chevette that tried to kill me.

My 6th car was a Dutton Phaeces... a real pile of tulipe...

My 7th car was a 2.3litre Mk II Grandad that rapidly acquired a 3 litre engine to improve the fuel consumption from 12mpg to 20 odd.

My 8th car was another Vauxhall Chevette.

My 9th car was a VW Polo 1046, the go faster version (!). Did 100k+ up & down the M4 in that. & got £500 in p/x...

My 10th car was a Fiat Croma. Loved it til the tin worm got it.

My 11th car was a Fiat Tempra. Ok, not as good as the Croma.

My 12th car was a Fiat Marea 2litre 5 cyl pile of smoking tulipe.

My 13th car is a Volvo 940 Wentworth Turbo Automatic. With a remarkable thirst for oil and petrol.

My 14th car is a VW Passat 2 litre.

If anyone is still awake, that's the cars so far.

15th car is a Toyota Corolla 1300 automatic.

16th car is a Fiat Seicento 1100.

17th car is another Toyota Corolla, though this one is a TSpirit 1600 I inherited from ZeitPater.

This was my most favourite car: and it only cost me £300...

Last edited by zeitghost; 10 February 2017, 12:14.

Comment

Just before I read the TVR thread...

TVR (RIP) Tuscan Chameleon Blue paint jobby....0-100mph in 8.9 seconds. GRRRRR!

Before that a Nissan Micra, Renault 9, XR3i convertible (140bhp), TVR Griffith 500...
        If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          My first car was a 1959 Rover 90...
          My 10th car was a Fiat Croma. Loved it til the tin worm got it.

My 11th car was a Fiat Tempra. Ok, not as good as the Croma.

My 12th car was a Fiat Marea 2litre 5 cyl pile of smoking tulipe.
          Arghhhh shame on your taste...... In particular for the Tempra, I couldn't look at that thing without puking.

I only liked a 1976 Fiat Ritmo and the Cinquecento. Other than that it's all downhill....
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

My first car was an Austin Allegro in canary yellow.

I'll get me coat.

Last edited by DimPrawn; 21 April 2006, 16:58.

Comment

I had a capri way back - marvellous sports coupe...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

a crapi?

Comment

My first was a Morris Ital Van - ex Telecom so bright yellow. Surely I can be let off for that as I was a builder at the time.

Comment

Hey privateeye! What's wrong with a Morris Ital van? brill. And Yellow too!! I have had two yellow vans. My idea of heaven. Cars? spit!!

For a few brief heavenly weeks towards the end of last year I owned TWO vans! Not yellow unfortunately.
                    Last edited by xoggoth; 21 April 2006, 21:59.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
                    X