• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wales to win RWC?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wales to win RWC?

Maybe just maybe.....

Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

It's really only a 'just maybe', but given their approach to the whole thing they will certainly deserve it if they do.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

It would be nice. And only half the population of Scotland etc...

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Maybe just maybe.....

One can only hope they do
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          It would be nice. And only half the population of Scotland etc...
          They have certainly done a lot more things right than England. They've taken a really professional approach having had to take a long hard look at themselves a year or so ago and have played very good rugby with a lot of discipline.

I don't know if I want to hear the Welsh gloating for the next four years but it'd be much more bearable than that endless stream of tulipe about 'southern hemisphere superiority'.

I'm pretty sure they'd get a very warm reception at Twickenham on 25th feb 2012, followed by a bloody hard match where England go all out to beat the world champions.

Good luck to them.

Comment

Dispatch France and why not?

Wales passion v New Zealand choke
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
              Dispatch France and why not?

Wales passion v New Zealand choke
              France are dangerous because they've done exactly what England did in 2007 and should have done this time around; tell the coach to shove it and just get on with playing the way they know how to play.

Comment

I hope not, my welsh wife would be unbearable.

Should have heard her on Saturday during the England/France match.

Domestic violence, mmm, possible option.
                Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
                  I hope not, my welsh wife would be unbearable.
                  She might feel quite randy though.

Comment

Certainly have an excellent chance, and probably their best ever chance for a very long time. Facing France who despite what has happened still do not have any form. Each world cup they usually come up with one very strong performance and fail to follow it up that performance appeared to have happened last weekend. Overcome France and they will face a severely weakened all blacks team and an Australian team that has been inconsistent as ever and will have an extra day to recover. I imagine NZ would prefer to play the Wales and Australia would prefer to pay France.

Seems like injuries have actually helped Wales (with the exception of Lydiate) Stephen Jones replaced by Priestland and Halfpenny replacing Hook. There is a certain parallel with Australia in 2003 and RSA in 2007 indifferent form leading up to the world cup and coming together as a team as the tournament progressed.

Comment

Working...
                    X