• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Leasing an A1

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leasing an A1

I know nowt about cars really, bikes are my bag.

We've got two motors, one big newish one for the family car and an old banger Focus that I run and had planned to run into the ground. Has been costing me money recently though (more than the car is worth) so have decided to lease a new small car through my Ltd pending my accountants blessing.

Was originally thinking a Yaris but went to look at the Audi A1 last night and really liked it so am hovering over commiting to that. Granted its a very expensive re-badged Polo but its far nicer inside and out.

Do any esteemed board members with a knowledge of motors have any comments on the A1? I'm after:

- Small
    - Economical
    - Half decent performance but economy takes precedent
    - Nice looking
    - Capable of motorway munching if needed
    - Top notch interior and good levels of kit

The A1 seems to fit all those but are there any others better? Dont want any of the following: Fiat 500, Mini, Golf, Fiesta, Polo.

Originally posted by Durbs View Post
    I know nowt about cars really, bikes are my bag.

We've got two motors, one big newish one for the family car and an old banger Focus that I run and had planned to run into the ground. Has been costing me money recently though (more than the car is worth) so have decided to lease a new small car through my Ltd pending my accountants blessing.

Was originally thinking a Yaris but went to look at the Audi A1 last night and really liked it so am hovering over commiting to that. Granted its a very expensive re-badged Polo but its far nicer inside and out.

Do any esteemed board members with a knowledge of motors have any comments on the A1? I'm after:

- Small
    - Economical
    - Half decent performance but economy takes precedent
    - Nice looking
    - Capable of motorway munching if needed
    - Top notch interior and good levels of kit

The A1 seems to fit all those but are there any others better? Dont want any of the following: Fiat 500, Mini, Golf, Fiesta, Polo.
    Did you ever see that advert where a "bob" converted his car into a Peugeot "lookalike" with the aid of an elephant?

Go for a Seat or a Skoda.

Comment

Why so small?

Alpina D3 Bi-Turbo.

BMW ALPINA - D3 BITURBO

Diesel, 214 bhp, 0-100 km/h in 6.9s, 151 MPH, combined MPG 52.3

Coupe, Saloon or estate.

Luxury interior.

What's not to like?

Comment

I am guessing you missed an Aygo of your list of don't wants. My other half has one and does what it says on the tin perfectly. Run around town, park anywhere, 65mpg, 90 on the motorway. Just not very high specc'ed and a bit plasticy.

Why exactly are you after an A1? Because of the low emissions. You know there is a 320D and an A3 in the lowest emissions band as well?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          Why so small?
          Emissions and economy really, a lease car isn't generally a good idea for a Ltd Contractor but with the right small cars, that changes and it does make financial sense.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            I am guessing you missed an Aygo of your list of don't wants. My other half has one and does what it says on the tin perfectly. Run around town, park anywhere, 65mpg, 90 on the motorway. Just not very high specc'ed and a bit plasticy.

Why exactly are you after an A1? Because of the low emissions. You know there is a 320D and an A3 in the lowest emissions band as well?
            Saying an Aygo is a bit plasticy and not high specced is a bit like saying sasguru is a bit dull. Understatement of the year.

The Alpina does 61 mpg on the extra urban run but can still do 151 MPH and hit 62 in under 7 seconds. It also has every luxury item and full leather and is whisper quiet at 80 MPH.

Comment

Emissions and economy really, a lease car isn't generally a good idea for a Ltd Contractor but with the right small cars, that changes and it does make financial sense.
              Skoda Superb 1.6 Diesel - £0 road tax.

Comment

Are you really THAT poor and a contractor?

WTF has happened to contractors and their wealth?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  You know there is a 320D and an A3 in the lowest emissions band as well?
                  I like the A3 and its the perfect size, but i'm shallow and its just looks a bit 'dated' these days, needs a refresh. Hence the A1 as its looks pretty smart.

Will look at the 320D.

Comment

I did a topic on this a bit ago but buying for a family member.. Link is below

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...h-company.html

There is a link to a list of all the cars you can get by emissions band so you just pick what you want.

Here it is..

Carbon Dioxide CO2 Car Emissions | UK New Car Data

Go down a couple of pages and you find Octavia's, Golfs, A3's S40's V50's, Astras so a good choice.
                    Last edited by northernladuk; 11 October 2011, 11:00.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X