• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Milton Keynes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Milton Keynes

I'm starting a new contract down there next week and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the place. I used to live in Dunstable but never ventured over to MK.

Any suggestions on places to go? Things to do? Or should I just sit in cowering from the bleakness and read CUK all night long?

One of my uncles used to commute from brum to MK every day, down the M6, for over 10 years.

So it must be crap if he didn't fancy relocating there and suffer the M6/M1 for all that time.

Been there myself a couple of times, out on the piss while contracting nearby (Hemel, Dunstable). Seemed pretty soulless. Just loads of roundabouts and concrete animals.

Has a real snow slope (Xscape) though if you're into skiing or snowboarding.
    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
    Feist - I Feel It All
    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Yeah we have one of those Xscape places here in Glasgow. I've never really been tempted with skiing / snowboarding tbh..

Comment

Originally posted by teclo View Post
        I'm starting a new contract down there next week and I was just wondering if anyone had any experience with the place. I used to live in Dunstable but never ventured over to MK.

Any suggestions on places to go? Things to do? Or should I just sit in cowering from the bleakness and read CUK all night long?
        MK is dull and so is the OP. A perfect match IMHO.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
          MK is dull and so is the OP. A perfect match IMHO.
          cheers, very helpful. oh wait.. I forgot where I was asking...

Comment

cheers, very helpful. oh wait.. I forgot where I was asking...
            flouncy flouncy

Comment

Pray you don't have to ride the M1 there. The 15 miles of roadworks are a life-sucker. I mean like what kind of deranged orgnanisation decides to rip up 15 miles of road in one go? It's going to take them 4 years before they're done ... just do a couple of miles at a time you stupid tw@ts!!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                flouncy flouncy

I know it was a bit weak, I have a migraine atm..

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  Pray you don't have to ride the M1 there. The 15 miles of roadworks are a life-sucker. I mean like what kind of deranged orgnanisation decides to rip up 15 miles of road in one go? It's going to take them 4 years before they're done ... just do a couple of miles at a time you stupid tw@ts!!
                  I'm going to be staying down in Bletchley and getting the bus up, sadly only one bus an hour

Comment

I'm going to be staying down in Bletchley and getting the bus up, sadly only one bus an hour
                    Or cycle?

Comment

Working...
                    X