• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

US Dollar Bank Account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Dollar Bank Account

Anyone here have one? If so, who with?

Looking to move away from Citibank who have now started to charge for cheque deposits so looking for alternatives/recommendations.

Cater Allen.

Cater Allen

Comment

I've got one with HSBC, the basic deal is $5/month fee, 0% savings interest, telephone/branch banking only (you can view balance online but nothing else). I then signed up to pay £17/month for HSBCnet which gives me proper online services and makes sending payments out cheaper.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I've got HSBC they charge +/- $5.

HSBCNet was no use to me so didn't bother - just used telephone banking.

NB. They only produce paper statements and mail them which often do not arrive - it is a severe ball ache to get the paper statements resent - as it is a secretive, mysterious dept that you personally cannot communicate with.

It is not part of the internet business banking (except the balance).

not great.

Comment

Seems like it's just Citi and HSBC of the major players? and their T&Cs are rubbbish,
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Got LTSB accounts USD and EUR (business), took a lot of effort to get those...

Comment

Originally posted by Fishface View Post
              I've got HSBC they charge +/- $5.

HSBCNet was no use to me so didn't bother - just used telephone banking.

NB. They only produce paper statements and mail them which often do not arrive - it is a severe ball ache to get the paper statements resent - as it is a secretive, mysterious dept that you personally cannot communicate with.

It is not part of the internet business banking (except the balance).

not great.
              Hmm, I get my statements regularly, as well as a monthly letter telling me about the account fee. I think if there is no account activity they don't sent statements?

I have found them helpful on telephone banking whenever needed. Would recommend if you don't need to be sending masses of payments.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
              X