• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fooking cyclists!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fooking cyclists!

Some completely arrogant and thick koonts with a sense of entitlement and some of them deserve to have an accident because of their crass stupidity.
    They've even made blue lanes for them here in S. London and still the cretins insist on riding in mobs in the middle of the road.
    Other things I have observed: 50% of them run red lights, some of them (the women usually) are idiotic enough to constantly ride in the blind spot of vans and lorries thus making them vulnerable to traffic turning left*, pulling out in the middle of the road without indicating etc. etc.
    It's clear there needs to be some sort of cycling profiency test.

*As a motorcylist this is something I realy look out for.
    Last edited by sasguru; 12 October 2011, 09:12.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Should we have it before or after the spelling test?
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
      Probably after the "financial responsibility" test.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Some completely arrogant and thick koonts with a sense of entitlement and some of them deserve to have an accident because of their crass stupidity.
        They've even made blue lanes for them here in S. London and still the cretins insist on riding in mobs in the middle of the road.
        Other things I have observed: 50% of them run red lights, some of them (the women usually) are idiotic enough to constantly ride in the blind spot of vans and lorries thus making them vulnerable to traffic turning left*, pulling out in the middle of the road without indicating etc. etc.

I've cycled to work in London for years - I agree it's mainly women that undercut trucks and vans. I find it amazing how little spacial awareness people have. Running red lights is occasionally safer than obeying them, especially if you are going right at a roundabout but I don't condone it. The blue lanes are OK but riding in the middle of the road or not in single file is just plain selfish.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

You're only a motorcyclist if you have a motorcycle.

An imaginary Hyabusa doesn't count.

Comment

It's no safer for bikers out in the country.

What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Probably after the "financial responsibility" test.
                As someone who avoided jumping on the self certified 5x earnings 100% mortgage bandwagon and instead opted to save a proper deposit I suspect I might get quite good marks in that.
                While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Well sasguru, enlighten us.
                  You have already stated that you require more than one spare lane to overtake vehicles on the motorways.
                  How many spare lanes do you need to negotiate your way around female cyclists in the urban setting?

It might help if you got yourself another cushion to sit on. That way you may be able to see over the top of the steering wheel.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I like women on bicycles. They tend to have nice legs.

Comment

Working...
                    X