• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Had the house valued today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had the house valued today

Quite dissapointing really.

Almost 20% down from the price it sold for "twice" in 2008. Not that it sold since on both occasions the buyer pulled out at the last minute.

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
    Almost 20% down from the price it sold for "twice" in 2008. Not that it sold since on both occasions the buyer pulled out at the last minute.

I am meeting with estate agent later to pick up info on flat...

Comment

Where are you? I'd say, that's probably a good drop, as they were wildly overpriced in 2008. I know, I got my pants pulled down.

Comment

on both occasions the buyer pulled out at the last minute.
        Understandable, after all even though I've met one or two quite attractive female estate agents it would be quite tough explaining to the good Lady Tester why we've got a free child with the new house.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
          Where are you? I'd say, that's probably a good drop, as they were wildly overpriced in 2008. I know, I got my pants pulled down.
          Birmingham

Comment

So why are you worried, if yours has dropped so will everyone elses so if you can sell it surely whatever you buy will be also be 20% cheaper, unless your in negative equity of course

Comment

Word from the estate agent is nothing is moving....so to sell we have to be realistic with the price and then we may be in for a wait.

Comment

Birmingham
                I think I'd be quite happy with a 20% where we are. Have you heard of property bee? You can add it to firefox and it shows you how much houses have dropped whilst being listed. Property snake is a good site too. I started thinking about it, used these sites and it's helped me face the facts house prices did drop from 2008, and in some cases heavily. I mentionew yesterday a contractor who bought in 2008 in Newport, and have lost over 65%, in a 'desirable development'.

Have a look at rightmove with property bee installed, and property snake and I think you'll be surprised.

Comment

I just want to hear of estate agents going bust and becoming bankrupt and then destitute and then dying on the streets from disease and hunger.

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                    So why are you worried, if yours has dropped so will everyone elses so if you can sell it surely whatever you buy will be also be 20% cheaper, unless your in negative equity off course
                    I'm not worried, in fact I want house prices to drop to a more affordable level.

But I can't help that sinking feeling of knowing that it has lost 20% in 3 years.

Comment

Working...
                    X