• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oil

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil

Brent is close to $112 per barrel and rising fast.

Add in the "green" taxes and it's going to be mightily expensive filling up the car for many.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

Add in the "green" taxes and it's going to be mightily expensive filling up the car for many.
    You can go and fetch it for free in New Zealand. Well not free, you'll have to get there, but cheap.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

That's QE ][ - banks borrow cheap money using tulipy bonds and pile up into commodities to make a killing - you.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        That's QE ][ - banks borrow cheap money using tulipy bonds and pile up into commodities to make a killing - you.
        Luckily for me I've been buying oil via spreadbetting since it was below $100. I've made enough to fill up all the prawn cars for a decade.

Keep printing money, it's making me rich!

Comment

Luckily for me I've been collecting vegetable oil from my local takeaways. I've got enough to fill up my Tata cars for a decade.
          FTFY.

Comment

Tata is making Range Rovers these days...

Comment

Tata is making Range Rovers these days...
              Which is the one reason why I'll never buy one. It's bad enough all the IT jobs going to India without sending your hard earned there as well.

Comment

Which is the one reason why I'll never buy one. It's bad enough all the IT jobs going to India without sending your hard earned there as well.
                So you think it would be better for those remaining British workers in manufacturing if their products are not purchased and Tata shuts down the shop?

Comment

QE doesn't involve any bonds other than gilts (unless you class these as tulipy), and doesn't involve any borrowing by banks.

HTH
                  "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Originally posted by Freamon View Post
                    QE doesn't involve any bonds other than gilts (unless you class these as tulipy), and doesn't involve any borrowing by banks.

HTH
                    So where does the extra money end up? BoE must be buying the gilts with this "printed" money so who's selling them and getting the wonga?

Comment

Working...
                    X