• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Who has walked the furthest , ever

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who has walked the furthest , ever

I was wondering, there must be someone, in all the history of humanity, who has walked further than anyone else.

I was thinking about someone like Marco Polo , or a soldier in Alexanders army who probably marched from Greece to Egypt to India and back again

or some hunter gatherer who had to walk for a thousand miles following his dinner.

I reckon it must be about 10k miles, whoever it was

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

The proclaimers did 1K IIRC

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      I was wondering, there must be someone, in all the history of humanity, who has walked further than anyone else.

I was thinking about someone like Marco Polo , or a soldier in Alexanders army who probably marched from Greece to Egypt to India and back again

or some hunter gatherer who had to walk for a thousand miles following his dinner.

Al Jolson - A million miles.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Al Jolson - A million miles.

ok. only dead serious answers from now on.

and i mean that

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

ok. only dead serious answers from now on.

and i mean that

Moses?

Menelaus?

Comment

Someone who spends their working day walking could cover vast distances over their lifetime, yet never travel far. A farmer in a pre-industrial country who walks with his ox-pulled plough for instance.
            12 hours a day at 3mph for 50 years easily surpasses 500,000miles.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Someone who spends their working day walking could cover vast distances over their lifetime, yet never travel far. A farmer in a pre-industrial country who walks with his ox-pulled plough for instance.
              Why, is he ploughing 365 days a year?

Comment

West Lancs postman celebrates 40 years in the job - Skelmersdale Advertiser

Postmen probably walk the furthest - this guy has probably done well over 100,000
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Conversly, others who walk a relatively short distance, could travel many thousands of miles e.g. aircraft cabin crew.
                  The vegetarian option.

Comment

If farmers were ploughing all day every year we would have all starved to death.

Comment

Working...
                    X