• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Old computers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old computers

Having a bit of a clear out at the weekend I happened across my old Commodore 64 and (loads of) games from my childhood.

Got me thinking if there is any value in keeping it or if I should sell or dump it.

I also had an as new Texas Instruments computer but dumped it a few years back - really should have tried eBaying it.

What's the oldest computer you still have?

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
    Having a bit of a clear out at the weekend I happened across my old Commodore 64 and (loads of) games from my childhood.

Got me thinking if there is any value in keeping it or if I should sell or dump it.

I also had an as new Texas Instruments computer but dumped it a few years back - really should have tried eBaying it.

Had a few spectrums and an atari 800 but they got ebayed a while back. Still have my casio programmable graphing calculator though )
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post

I have an Atari 130xe

My mother should still have my Rockwell Aim 65

Comment

We still have a working Atari 2600
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

ZX81.

It is an ornament in the living room, sits beside the TV and is quite the conversation piece when visitors are round.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            ZX81.

It is an ornament in the living room, sits beside the TV and is quite the conversation piece when visitors are round.
            Jesus, I bet the evenings just fly by!

Anyone for 3D Monster Maze?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
              Science of Cambridge MK14.

Why it was MK14, I really don't know since there never were MKs 1 to 13 anyway.

However, since it was Uncle Clive, I'll allow you to draw your own conclusions.

Next oldest is the Jupiter Ace.
              Go Forth!

Comment

We did not have computers in school in my time.

We did get AK-47 lessons though

Comment

I was a late comer to the game, my Amstrad CPC 464 is still in the loft somewhere, if only I knew then what I know now about Lord Sugar and his scum tendencies!
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

British Broadcasting Corporation Microcomputer System Model B.

They had to write BBC out in full after Brown, Boveri & Cie of Switzerland threatened legal action

Comment

Working...
                    X