• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What could be happening at Blackberry I wonder

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What could be happening at Blackberry I wonder

An outsourcing project hitting a rocky patch, as the Bobs struggle to get to grips with it?

I gather Yahoo recently outsourced several of their groups to Bangalore, including mail, and their web email app has quite often been AWOL or insufferably slow over the last few months.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Their hub is in Slough so I suspect someone on here
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Stick with WiFi. It just works.

Comment

And all they had to do was give me that rate rise....

Comment

Their technical staff are all queuing outside the Apple store for an iPhone 4S. The only guy left at HQ is busy installing iOS 5 on his iPad.

Things should be back to normal in a couple of days.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
            And all they had to do was give me that rate rise....

Do they use a lot of contractors?

Apparently, they are pretty fussy when recruiting permies.

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
              Apparently, they are pretty fussy when recruiting permies.
              Apparently not fussy enough.
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Their technical staff are all queuing outside the Apple store for an iPhone 4S. The only guy left at HQ is busy installing iOS 5 on his iPad.

Things should be back to normal in a couple of days.
                I am sick of blackberry now. The concept is great but my blackberry is an unreliable piece of junk and now this blackout makes me just hate it. I am getting an iPhone before my contract is up, that is how much I hate blackberry...

Comment

I have created a Blackberry emulator on my HTC - it's called flight mode.

Comment

RIMjob is a zombie provider now. Their devices have gone from being the industry standard business mobile device to being a chav favourite that is only really used to organise looting.
                    "A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Working...
                    X