• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xog County

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xog County

Had a lovely work through Xog country yesterday.

From the church to Carla Lane's place and back again. Fire crests and a tree creeper the twitches of the day.

The church has a book of rememberance and it was open at a page describing the death of a young serving (forces) couple, killed on their wedding day by a train.

Madness must be a local disease.

hi oh. are they rising down your way yet?

Comment

Had it not been that I know you know where I live, I would have been highly offended at someone thinking I lived in some sort of northern scousy place but as it is I looked it up and blow me, she does live here! Unfortunately they let anyone in these days, as you have discovered.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Scots,

You think I get time to go fishing? No bloody chance!

Having to consider an escape to the mother's to get a day on a Dorset reservoir.

Had any luck in with the spring run?

Xog,

Suprised you didn't know because of all the noise her animals make. Geese, peacocks, seagulls and emus all cackling with Liverpool accents.

Comment

xog, now you know where your hubcaps went.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
            Had a lovely work through Xog country yesterday.

From the church to Carla Lane's place and back again. Fire crests and a tree creeper the twitches of the day.
            Firecrest (one) possible, Firecrests (many) unlikley though there are places, e.g. in The New Forests where a few pairs can be found. More likely they were Goldcrests.

Oh, and just to be completely pendantic, whilst you might have twitched a Firecrest as it would be a slight rarity, but you would only have ticked Goldcrests and Treecreepers as they are both common species.

Comment

Blimmey, I might as well end it now.

I'm always wrong. Doesn't matter what it is, I'm always wrong!

Sorry but I chose not to write "fire or gold crests" because I didn't get a good look at the little blighters before they flitted off elsewhere. So, as is my nature, I picked the wrong one.

As to sightings of tree creepers, black caps, bull finches, stone chat et al, since I only get to see them once or twice a year they are twitches to me.

Actually, I can see stone chat whenever I want so yet again I'm wrong.

Anybody else want to tell me where else I'm wrong? Go on, join in, why not it's open season on OrangeHoppers.

Comment

On Saturday I saw a lark, well I saw a black spot in the sky that was singing like a lark.

On Sunday I saw a Harrier, well I saw a falcon like bird that was able to be stationary even though there was no wind. I saw it stoop and catch a mouse (or some other small creature) and it flew to it's nest, well in the general direction of some trees where I suspect it has a nest as a few minutes later it was back and hunting again.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper
                  Blimmey, I might as well end it now.
                  Nooooo don't

only 5 atempts to get into the safe today.

I hate it when the monkey is bunking off
                  Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

So the monkey actually remembered. Ascending descending numbers.

Bunking sounds like a very good idea. I'm soooo sleepy.

Must resist the temptation though because I still have at least three other things to get wrong today!

Comment

Working...
                    X