• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ryan Air charges….

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryan Air charges….

Will be using Ryan Air, possibly a couple of times a year.

They are charging £6 per person per leg for payment charges, totalling £24 for 2 people per return flight.

From the next couple of weeks they will be making the use of Ryan Air prepayment mastercard mandatory with £150 min opening balance, and charges for non use for 6 months, plus no other free means of taking money off the card.

Surely this cannot be legal??

Any other known pitfalls with this card?

Tempted to feck it and just stump up the extra, but, on principle……..

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Surely this cannot be legal??
    It's legal unless courts rule otherwise - even pissing on your shoes is apparently.

HTH

Comment

I just pay the extra, sometimes pushing up the price to as much as £50 return.

Comment

If they are still cheaper even with all the extras, what's the problem?

If not, use another airline if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
          The problem is unfair competition that undermines legitimate good companies like BA.

Comment

They are charging £6 per person per leg for payment charges...

Is that why Paul McCartney's ex travels exclusively with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
              From the next couple of weeks they will be making the use of Ryan Air prepayment mastercard mandatory
              That part... I'm not sure I believe it because many will just give up at the extra hassle... but having to get a special card is the last straw.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Ryan air would be free and I still wouldn't travel with the sack of tulip that is them.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post
                  Ryan air would be free and I still wouldn't travel with the sack of tulip that is them.
                  For short haul flights WGAS? Just take the same attitude as Wilmslow's girlfriends... don't accept their drinks and close your eyes until the discomfort is over.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

How did that happen :-) Wrong thread !
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Working...
                    X