• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What £10K's worth of telescope gets you

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What £10K's worth of telescope gets you

Plus a lot expertise no doubt.

Stunning photos of our solar system taken by astronomer Damian Peach in his back garden | Mail Online

This was interesting:
    The results possible for home astronomers now were not achievable until the 1990s by even the largest telescopes on Earth.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    Absolutely stunning pics from a back garden. Isn't Selsey where Patrick Moore lives?

I do some modest astrophotography (or I will do when the dark cloudless nights happen up here), I might just invest in similar kit at some point. Astronomy was my degree and still have a keen interest.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
      Absolutely stunning pics from a back garden. Isn't Selsey where Patrick Moore lives?

I do some modest astrophotography (or I will do when the dark cloudless nights happen up here), I might just invest in similar kit at some point. Astronomy was my degree and still have a keen interest.
      Well spotted re Patrick Moore.

I once had a reflector (about 5 inches, forget now) and had considered getting a bigger one at one point, but never got around to it.

Comment

What's his address again?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          What's his address again?

Britain

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            He must be able to get fantastic shots of his neighbour’s daughter in the shower
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
            X