• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So long & thanks for all the nice UHF channels we can sell to some mug or other

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So long & thanks for all the nice UHF channels we can sell to some mug or other

Analogue TV era to end next October - Yahoo!

Bye bye analogue tv.

405 lasted from 1936 to 1984.

625 lasted from about 1964 to 2012 (or 2010 around here).

Already SD channels are disappearing from the Murdoch sats.

When they've all gone it'll be bye bye 625 altogether.

By some odd coincidence I found a copy of John Logie Baird's autobiog in a charity shoppe the other week.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Bye bye analogue tv.

When they've all gone it'll be bye bye 625 altogether.

By some odd coincidence I found a copy of John Logie Baird's autobiog in a charity shoppe the other week.
    And HELLO "LTE"!!!

Re : JLB, one of Helensburgh's finest exports.

Comment

It occurs to me is we broadcast 5 quality channels instead of 500 channels of crap, UHF could be used for HD broadcasts no problem.
      "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
        It occurs to me is we broadcast 5 quality channels instead of 500 channels of crap, UHF could be used for HD broadcasts no problem.
        Yep, but you've not quite got the grasp of the "Flog the UHF bands to the mobile operators and charge 'em a fortune" bit, have you?

Comment

I expect the digital to analogue converters will be around for a while yet, so that old 625 analogue TV doesn't need to be binned just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Yep, but you've not quite got the grasp of the "Flog the UHF bands to the mobile operators and charge 'em a fortune" bit, have you?
            Well I was referring to the channels used by television broadcasts, why would mobile operators use that?
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
              Well I was referring to the channels used by television broadcasts, why would mobile operators use that?
              Does someone want to inform Scooterscot what the freed up UHF bands are going to be used for?

Comment

Working...
              X