• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do women think appointments made are optional?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do women think appointments made are optional?

My wife runs an aethetics business (Botox, Dermal fillers etc)

The number of women who make appointments and then cancel with hours to go is quite frankly staggering. Its just so annoying. My Mrs has even had someone cancel with 30 mins before appt when this woman lives 30 mins drive away!

I'm sure some people book with good intentions and then wake up on the morning in question, and think, hmm, botox, cant afford that (after all it aint cheap) better cancel.

I just find it so rude to do this..... Are people so disorganised?

Then again I'm always amazed when I see the poster in the GPs saying how many people didn't turn up for appointments etc. Is it just me who thinks if you've made a commitment to turn up for something you should actually show up?

(BTW. My last cleaner didn't apply this rule mind - made more excuses not to turn up than she did actually turn up to clean)
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Women of leisure - their minds change with the wind

Doctors - if it was atually possible to book an appointment when you felt sick they might get more people turning up
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

Doctors - if it was atually possible to book an appointment when you felt sick they might get more people turning up
      You don't have that? Ours you just phone up in the morning for a same-day appointment.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        You don't have that? Ours you just phone up in the morning for a same-day appointment.
        every doctors I've had, if you don't phone by 8.02am they have no appointments left
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

every doctors I've had, if you don't phone by 8.02am they have no appointments left
          So phone before 8:02.

Comment

So phone before 8:02.
            Might be a problem if you fall ill at 8.03 am.

My last doctors had an automated booking line for appointments. If you rang that it would say "Next available appointment, 5 weeks time with Dr Obwakwahahnoo."

As seeing the doctor is mostly pointless anyway, I used to opt to just take an aspirin and have a lie done instead.

Comment

I thought they cancelled longer-term appointments precisely so you could at least phone at 8am for a same-day appointment. On balance I think it's an improved system, before you had to ask for an emergency appointment when you just needed some antibiotics.

Comment

Mine too. As long as you phone at exactly 8am and then re-dial about 50 times. Wait till 815 and all the appointments are gone.

Theres a lot to be said about private GP appts if they did them. I'd be willing to pay £20-£30 for one if I could schedule when I wanted.

Comment

I thought they cancelled longer-term appointments precisely so you could at least phone at 8am for a same-day appointment. On balance I think it's an improved system, before you had to ask for an emergency appointment when you just needed some antibiotics.
                  Last time I went there was a poster saying how many people had failed to turn up for appointments booked that day. i.e they phoned at 8am, made an appt, then didnt show. Cant believe how you can do this!!!

Comment

Had one woman make an appt. Canceled it day before - some crap about having a rash or something. Made new appointment today. Phoned at 10-15 last night (does it say 24 hour botox service on website!!!) to say could she put her appointment back 2 hours because she was 'busy at work' (Yeh, right dont worry Mrs was only going to be watching TV and didnt have other customers !!! - try that tactic on your doctor/dentist and see what they say !!!)

Then she phoned at 8am this morning to say she was too busy and couldnt make it at all but could she do next monday?

Rightfully, Mrs told her no chance. As we've found out doing this for the last few years, there are some people who its just not worth the money they pay you for the hassle they cause you.... In the past we've even ordered special stock and been cancelled last minute..... :-(

(Actually, I'm sure theres a book somewhere where some American guy advocates this - i.e. dont be too desperate to get customers, but pick and choose those ones which are suitable for you)

Comment

Working...
                    X