• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

"Occupy London" starts tomorrow...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Occupy London" starts tomorrow...

Link

Thousands of people aggrieved at the way the financial crisis has been handled will gather outside St Paul's Cathedral, less than 100 meters away from the London Stock Exchange, on Saturday at noon to begin their protest, which could last for months.
    Was only a matter of time... Official website
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Just as well I'm not in London next week then...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Could go on for months.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Just as well I'm in a contract outside of London which will go on for the next few months then...
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

They are welcome to it it's a tuliphole.

Comment

Do us bankers have to put up with the great unwashed in sight? Can't they go and dig up coal or something useful?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Do us bankers have to put up with the great unwashed in sight? Can't they go and dig up coal or something useful?
              Erm what about when you were occupying London in your Batman outfit
              Bazza gets caught
              Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Glad I'm not in the smoke anymore
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Supported by UK Uncut, the London-based Assembly of the Spanish 15M movement and others, the movement has received phenomenal interest, from the public and media in the UK and around the world. The OccupyLSX facebook group now has more than 13,000 members, with more than 5,000 confirming their intention to be there on the day.
                  I'll eat my hat if 5000 turn up. Slacktivism at its best this will be.

Comment

I hope the weather is aweful..
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
                    X