• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pension age

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pension age

More political whining, procrastination and prevaricating about pension age here, talking about it rising to 67 or 66 in umpteen years time. Personally I think that the best way to do this is to say 'right then, as of tomorrow morning, pension age rises by 6 months'. It would start saving large amounts of money right now, and would not be so unfair to millions of younger people who'll have to work a long time to subsidize baby boomers who've had plenty of opportunity during long growth periods to provide for themselves.

BBC News - Ministers delay state pension rise to 66 to help women
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    More political whining, procrastination and prevaricating about pension age here, talking about it rising to 67 or 66 in umpteen years time. Personally I think that the best way to do this is to say 'right then, as of tomorrow morning, pension age rises by 6 months'. It would start saving large amounts of money right now, and would not be so unfair to millions of younger people who'll have to work a long time to subsidize baby boomers who've had plenty of opportunity during long growth periods to provide for themselves.

BBC News - Ministers delay state pension rise to 66 to help women
    Gives a few more of 'em chance to "pop off" before they can claim their pension though, don't it

Comment

moan moan, its not fair I will lose some pension because I'm a woman! why don't you blokes complain, oh yes you have spent the last 30 years waiting 5 years longer you are used to it.

C.M.D.
      Have the balls to say, its going up, sorry but we should of done this decades ago, but we have to do it now!
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        Have the balls to say, its going up, sorry but we should of done this decades ago, but we have to do it now!
        Yep, precisely. The longer it's delayed the longer people will have to work, and the more revenues (tax and NI) the government will need from everyone.

Comment

It is a serious issue. Mrs Bloggs is 50. Her state retirement age has gone from 60 to 67! That simply cannot be fair.
          Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
          Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
            It is a serious issue. Mrs Bloggs is 50. Her state retirement age has gone from 60 to 67! That simply cannot be fair.
            I am 39. I don't believe there'll be any money to pay me a state pension if Europe's governments carry on prevaricating. That simply can't be fair.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              I am 39. I don't believe there'll be any money to pay me a state pension if Europe's governments carry on prevaricating. That simply can't be fair.
              Serves you right. Over there milking the European Job market.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                Serves you right. Over there milking the European Job market.

Yeah, bloody economic migrant and all that.

Comment

Typical bloody govermin though. It's not their fault for running a ponzi scheme, oh no,
                  it's all caused by oldies, all their fault for growing old.
                  What's next, state sponsored Granny bashing?

Comment

Seems to me that if you can afford to retire early on your own savings then there's nothing to stop you anyway, and if you can't afford to retire on your own savings then you're probably going to want to keep working for as long as possible anyway, for both financial and sanity reasons. Can't be much fun to retire at 60 with nothing but a basic state pension stretching out for years ahead of you.

Comment

Working...
                    X