• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Trying to get trades people to do work

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to get trades people to do work

Sorry for this Wilmsoeque story, but ringing around trying to get an electrician to do some electrical work in the house.

So called "recession".

All proper yellow pages listed companies.

1. Ring you back mate - never call back
    2. Too busy mate, not looking for any more work until after Christmas at the earliest.
    3. Will come round. Don't turn up. Ring back, sorry overloaded with work, can't help.
    4. Too busy again, try next month.

Anyone fed up with IT, get all the relevant qualifications and never be without work again.

I'm thinking of calling someone in India.

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Sorry for this Wilmsoeque story, but ringing around trying to get an electrician to do some electrical work in the house.

So called "recession".

All proper yellow pages listed companies.

1. Ring you back mate - never call back
    2. Too busy mate, not looking for any more work until after Christmas at the earliest.
    3. Will come round. Don't turn up. Ring back, sorry overloaded with work, can't help.
    4. Too busy again, try next month.

Anyone fed up with IT, get all the relevant qualifications and never be without work again.

Tony B Liar has provided an endless supply of 'meejah studies' graduates in Britain but forgot that people need plumbers and sparkies.

Try Poland;
    Electrician Bia
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

I do that all the time. I go "Oi you, Bob, you're a twunt!"

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        Remember that in the course of uttering that sentence you've earned more money than Bob earns all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Remember that in the course of uttering that sentence you've earned more money than Bob earns all day.
          Nah mate, no guilt there what-so-ever. I'm a proddy. Try CM, she's the Catholic of the family.

Comment

Post the job on rated people.com detail the job and they then contact you.

I used it for finding a plumber and it was pretty much hassle free

Comment

That's cos all these guys are cottage industries/one-man bands/"10% off for cash, luv " guys.

Someone needs to hire Eastern Europeans and organise a proper quote/work/pay company that will provide a service to people when they want it and to a good enough quality for the customer to return and recommend said company to all their mates.

So I'd get yer Certs Dim, and set up that company as a Plan B.

(I charge a reasonable business consulting fee... )
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Nah mate, no guilt there what-so-ever. I'm a proddy. Try CM, she's the Catholic of the family.
                Ah, but do you believe in karma?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                  That's cos all these guys are cottage industries/one-man bands/"10% off for cash, luv " guys.

Someone needs to hire Eastern Europeans and organise a proper quote/work/pay company that will provide a service to people when they want it and to a good enough quality for the customer to return and recommend said company to all their mates.

So I'd get yer Certs Dim, and set up that company as a Plan B.

(I charge a reasonable business consulting fee... )
                  How's yer nips? Warmed up yet?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Ah, but do you believe in karma?
                    No mate, I'm a Freemason, we have a special arrangement, say no more, know what I mean, you ain't seen me right?

Comment

Working...
                    X