• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First time flip-flop wearer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time flip-flop wearer

I saw a cheap pair of flip-flops on sale during the Bob summer, and despite my misgivings that the material looked as if it would quickly erode skin, bought them. Thought I'd give it a go.

I got about a mile before I'd worn the skin off the inside of each big toe and they started bleeding. Toes are still scabbed up.

Strange devices.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    I saw a cheap pair of flip-flops on sale during the Bob summer, and despite my misgivings that the material looked as if it would quickly erode skin, bought them. Thought I'd give it a go.

I got about a mile before I'd worn the skin off the inside of each big toe and they started bleeding. Toes are still scabbed up.

Strange devices.
    The term was derived in America so techinically it is an Injun Summer not a Bob Summer.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 14 October 2011, 13:27.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I can't abide flip-flops. If ever there was an ill conceived footwear invention it's the flip flop.

They're bloody difficult to walk in, they have no support, they stink really quickly and they're always cheap and tacky.

Good pair of sandals or hiking boots is what you want.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
        I can't abide flip-flops. If ever there was an ill conceived footwear invention it's the flip flop.

They're bloody difficult to walk in, they have no support, they stink really quickly and they're always cheap and tacky.

Flip flops are easy to put on/off

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Me to, sandals all the way, how anyone can walk in flip flops is beyond me

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            Flip flops are easy to put on/off

http://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http:/...8PyZeLYY-C5b3A

Ok.

Comment

I bought a pair the other week as well but they gave me two left ones. They were called flip-flips...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I don't understand how men have such a hard time with flip flops

They are the most comfy & easiest things to wear.
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                  Me to, sandals all the way, how anyone can walk in flip flops is beyond me
                  Really? It's beyond you that someone can walk with flip flops on? I do all the time and its fine.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                    I don't understand how men have such a hard time with flip flops

They are the most comfy & easiest things to wear.
                    Thay have no support. Same with slippers. What's the point of footwear that just looks good but hurts your feet???

Oh I'm aiming that at the wrong poster aren't I?

Comment

Working...
                    X