• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The government are a bunch of bankers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The government are a bunch of bankers

According to signs I saw today, or words to that effect.

Low key demos, with perhaps one person strumming a guitar quietly and a small group of people sitting around, and two tents.

Clever slogan though.

Also saw: it's not a recession its robbery*.

* or words to that effect

Comment

Looks like the Greeks have been somewhat less peaceable today:

There's that bloody fire extinguisher again

Occupy Wall Street protests spread across the world on 'global day of revolution' | Mail Online

Edit: it's Rome actually. I thought the Greeks were revolting
      Last edited by TimberWolf; 15 October 2011, 18:12. Reason: See above

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        Looks like the Greeks have been somewhat less peaceable today:

There's that bloody fire extinguisher again

Occupy Wall Street protests spread across the world on 'global day of revolution' | Mail Online

Edit: it's Rome actually. I thought the Greeks were revolting
        Excellent. Least it will be hot when I go down.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          Turns out it's Italians that are revolting. As I always suspected.

(I added an edit to reflect that in my post).

Comment

I find the morons behind occupy hilarious ....

I would like to meet the people that started this off the back of other recent protests. I would like to know if:

- They truly believe what they are spouting and in that case, are pure morons.

- Or are associated with governments or financial institutions, using peoples fears about the recession, to subvert feeble minded members of society in to demonstrating against the finance sector and whipping everyone in to a frenzy deliberately, so a universal currency and unbalanced western trading could topple growing financial powers in the east.

The latter is very likely. MI6 showed us that when it came to the truth behind the 9/11 movement.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Just dont be your usual obnoxious self, else you may get murdered by a taxi driver

Comment

I suspect the usual culprits - stupidity (on the part of the demonstrators) and incompetence (on the part of government).
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Excellent tweet from the protesters yesterday - "we need toilet paper, tents, blankets, food water - please send some if you can"

Looks like they really thought this through
                  World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
                    Excellent tweet from the protesters yesterday - "we need toilet paper, tents, blankets, food water - please send some if you can"
                    I notice they made no mention of soap
                    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Working...
                    X