• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which tablet do I need?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which tablet do I need?

I need a tablet. Well actually I don't need one, but shiny thing make it all better.

So, what does the panel have, and do you like it? Is it really worth shelling out an extra £200 for an iPad as opposed to a Galaxy?
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

No one needs a tablet. HTH.
    Next!
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
      I need a tablet. Well actually I don't need one, but shiny thing make it all better.

So, what does the panel have, and do you like it? Is it really worth shelling out an extra £200 for an iPad as opposed to a Galaxy?

"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Or:

"A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It’s the s*** that happens while you’re waiting for moments that never come." -- Lester Freamon

Comment

Can't believe no one has done this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
              I've got an iPad 2 64GB WiFi+3G. It's awesome

A Galaxy Tab 10.1 16GB WiFi+3G is currently £494.34 at Amazon, as opposed to £499 for the 16GB WiFi+3G iPad 2 direct from Apple. Not sure where you got that £200 figure from.

Comment

Morpheus: I imagine that right now you're feeling a bit like Alice. Tumbling down the rabbit hole?
                Ruprect: You could say that.
                Morpheus: I can see it in your eyes. You have the look of a man who accepts what he sees because he's expecting to wake up. Ironically, this is not far from the truth. Do you believe in fate, Ruprect?
                Ruprect: No.
                Morpheus: Why not?
                Ruprect: 'Cause I don't like the idea that I'm not in control of my life.
                Morpheus: I know exactly what you mean. Let me tell you why you're here. You're here because you know something. What you know, you can't explain. But you feel it. You felt it your entire life. That there's something wrong with the world. You don't know what it is, but it's there. Like a splinter in your mind -- driving you mad. It is this feeling that has brought you to me. Do you know what I'm talking about?
                Ruprect: The Matrix?
                Morpheus: Do you want to know what it is?
                (Ruprect nods his head.)
                Morpheus: The Matrix is everywhere, it is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window, or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work, or when go to church or when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.
                Ruprect: What truth?
                Morpheus: That you are a slave, Ruprect. Like everyone else, you were born into bondage, born inside a prison that you cannot smell, taste, or touch. A prison for your mind. (long pause, sighs) Unfortunately, no one can be told what the Matrix is. You have to see it for yourself. This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back.
                (In his left hand, Morpheus shows a blue Tablet.)
                Morpheus: You take the blue Tablet and the story ends. You wake in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. (a red Tablet is shown in his other hand) You take the red Tablet and you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes. (Long pause; Ruprect begins to reach for the red Tablet) Remember -- all I am offering is the truth, nothing more.
                (Ruprect takes the red Tablet and swallows it with a glass of water)

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm waiting to see what the Kindle Fire is like, I don't want to spend more than £200 on what is essentially a sofa surfer.
                  Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                    I'm waiting to see what the Kindle Fire is like, I don't want to spend more than £200 on what is essentially a sofa surfer.
                    Depends what you plan to use it for. Earlier today I was listening to Radio 4 via the BBC iPlayer app whilst lazing in bed catching up with various web sites, and I use my iPad to watch video (including broadcast TV) much more than I do my TV.

A couple of days ago I was using it to fire up a new EC2 server instance and install Apache using the SSH terminal app Prompt, then compiling an old version of PHP (4.4.7, IIRC) from source on the server; I have a nifty code editor app, Textastic, which is great for editing code and config files and uploading via SFTP.

I know when it launched the tech journalists got very confused trying to work out what their opinion should be until finally settling on dismissing it as a device that was only good for consuming content, not for actually doing anything. They were, as usual, wrong.

Comment

Working...
                    X