• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Gig tomorrow...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Gig tomorrow...

Did the needful related in another thread, canned the current, not as sold on the tin, we all agreed..

Start in Manchester this Monday, deffo more my role, made double sure this time, for the first time in ages I can commute, started my first real contract in Manchester in 1994 it's like turning full circle but instead of dreading going back, looking forward to it, familiar territory, bags more experience...

Looking to seek out some of those dodgy hidden-away Manchester boozers, is Ma Megs still there, be a challenge to find it now if it is...

Bring a brolly.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      is Ma Megs still there, be a challenge to find it now if it is...
      She's still there, although I think the lunchtime BJ specials for a tenner have stopped
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
        She's still there, although I think the lunchtime BJ specials for a tenner have stopped
        Im sure theres plenty of offers of BJs at lunch, this is the gay capital of the north we are talking about!

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
          Bring a brolly.
          and a knife. Manchester has changed.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Well i'm in Leeds already, from Bolton originally, still in touch, well aware M/Cr is 'cotton and guns'!

Cock-stride from here!

As far as I am aware, (C)anal (S)treet is the gay bit, tho even there it's so touristy now you never get your bum felt, I know, I keep going and nowt.

Even in 1994-on when I was contracting for BR/Railtrack/Insert-your-TOC-here around Victoria was well rough, I well remember having a few in a boozer within sight of Strangeways Jail, full of warders and newly-released prisoners oddly enough...

On the other hand, I have a First Class Ticket to and from and I demand my breakfast...

Back to' Manchesto'! (the " ' " denotes short vowel a la soft sign in Russian translit)

Comment

Whats your secret? I hate being on the bench

Good luck!
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                Whats your secret? I hate being on the bench

Good luck!
                Well!

I had seven months of nowt, nada, night, nichogo in 2009......

Now I've had three on the go at once, and a promise of a return to another anytime if I want.

Basically Unix VM's - thats wot I do. AIX/Solaris/HP-UX..

None of the VMware wanna-be stuff, just doesn't do the job in the enterprise...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                  Well i'm in Leeds already, from Bolton originally, still in touch, well aware M/Cr is 'cotton and guns'!

Cock-stride from here!

As far as I am aware, (C)anal (S)treet is the gay bit, tho even there it's so touristy now you never get your bum felt, I know, I keep going and nowt.
                  Gay blokes can spot a straight bloke from 100 yards so this wouldn't happen. It is the 7ft trannies grabbing you by the throat for staring you want to worry about.

Even in 1994-on when I was contracting for BR/Railtrack/Insert-your-TOC-here around Victoria was well rough, I well remember having a few in a boozer within sight of Strangeways Jail, full of warders and newly-released prisoners oddly enough...
                  Not rough anymore, well not as and Strangeways gone so that doesn't happen.
                  On the other hand, I have a First Class Ticket to and from and I demand my breakfast...

Back to' Manchesto'! (the " ' " denotes short vowel a la soft sign in Russian translit)
                  Jump in, the water is lovely.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    I well remember having a few in a boozer within sight of Strangeways Jail, full of warders and newly-released prisoners oddly enough...
                    Not rough anymore, well not as and Strangeways gone so that doesn't happen.
                    Strangeways Prison is still there
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                    X