• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Car Finance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car Finance

I am looking to purchase a new M3 Saloon and wanted to know if anyone has had any dealings with BMW using their baloon payment scheme? and whether it is a good plan, or better to seek private finance?
    I am little concerned that their guranteed residual values are low....

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance

I only ever buy cars that I can afford and pay cash.

Finance + BMW = Big winker
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by speedo View Post
      They'll also shaft you for going over any expected mileage.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

Buying a car on Finance?????

you do know this is a contractors forum don't you, its either rolls of fiftys in a carrier bag or you transfer directly from your swiss bank account

Comment

mileage will not be an issue, as i will defintely do les than 10k on average.....

Comment

I am looking to purchase a new M3 Saloon and wanted to know if anyone has had any dealings with BMW using their baloon payment scheme? and whether it is a good plan, or better to seek private finance?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance
            A cautionary tale: A few years ago I bought a nice shiny car on a balloon finance scheme. Then the market fell out from under us and I sat on the bench for 6 months. Paying £700 a month for a toy soon eats your war chest. Long and short of it was that I ended up handing the car back, at which point the value isn't worth the paper it's written on because the dealer or finance firm will screw you because you are not buying another car. It cost me 15K to not have a car on my drive and at the point where the market picked up and work started to show up, I was stuck without transport. Turns out that the loan company stuck a satisfied default on my record for the privilege as well...

The moral of the story is don't get mad get even! Buy cars for cash, even if they are older and less bling. Then when you spend 6 months out of work you still own the car outright and its your choice if you need to sell it. Now I buy my cars through a friend in the business. Last year I picked up a reposessed Land Rover V8 for £13K and the other day while I was having a cup of tea with him, he had another trader ring up to offer him a soon to be repo'd 2010 Jaguar XF 5.5 V8 for 25K... I'm sure the chap thats about to give it back had a better residual on that car for 2013...

Comment

mileage will not be an issue, as i will defintely do les than 10k on average.....
              Can't be a contractor, no such thing as average.
              Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                I only ever buy cars that I can afford and pay cash.

Finance + BMW = Big winker
                Don't forget the private plate for the bonus 2x Big winker.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
                  Don't forget the private plate for the bonus 2x Big winker.
                  and it's an M class

so a further 2x bonus
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    and it's an M class

so a further 2x bonus
                    I thought people were waving to me in my GL

Comment

Working...
                    X