• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Senna

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Senna

I rented this out on Blu-ray over the weekend.
    Damn good documentary and wish I'd watched the extended version instead of the shorter theatrical release
    Coffee's for closers

Went to see it at pics - excellent. There was a review on the radio where the director was interviewed and he pointed out that some younger audience members didn't know the ending - a bit like when I took my ex-wife to see Apollo 13.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
      Went to see it at pics - excellent. There was a review on the radio where the director was interviewed and he pointed out that some younger audience members didn't know the ending - a bit like when I took my ex-wife to see Apollo 13.
      Ending quite simple: Very good Motor racing driver thnks he's very close to god in the car, as god steers it for him, then meets god in real life.

Senna, good driver, make no mistake, but filthy driver, as Brundle said, you saw him coming and knew if you didn't get out of his way, he would think nothing of causing an accident trying to get past; a dangerous driver who died, and there's a litany of them in the sport. I thought the bloke a bit of a loon, but for some, he's the only one who ever drove an F1 car fast.

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
        Ending quite simple: Very good Motor racing driver thnks he's very close to god in the car, as god steers it for him, then meets god in real life.

Senna, good driver, make no mistake, but filthy driver, as Brundle said, you saw him coming and knew if you didn't get out of his way, he would think nothing of causing an accident trying to get past; a dangerous driver who died, and there's a litany of them in the sport. I thought the bloke a bit of a loon, but for some, he's the only one who ever drove an F1 car fast.
        As he said, "If you see a gap and you don't go for it then you're no longer a racing driver". Could be why Formula 1 was actually interesting back then instead of being boring as hell like it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          As he said, "If you see a gap and you don't go for it then you're no longer a racing driver". Could be why Formula 1 was actually interesting back then instead of being boring as hell like it is now.
          Aerodynamics are what makes it boring now, and that the cars can't go wheel to wheel. saw Pironi and Reutermann on the youtube last night at Dijon (look it up), now that was ballsy racing in cars whose aerodynamics didn't mean you couldn't drive right on each others hearse and bang wheels.

What I meant by Senna, was that if there was a person in a car, in his way, he would try to barge through. He wasn't a racing driver to me, as he thought nothing of anyone elses welfare. He drove into the side of Pros at over 160mph with no regard to him, Prost or the marshalls in a day and age when the drivers had fark all protection.

A looney waiting for the right opportunity to present himself upstairs to the big fella and he got it sooner than most.

Comment

Interesting - I had him down as an arrogant cock like Schmacher too, but the film changed my mind - a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
              Interesting - I had him down as an arrogant cock like Schmacher too, but the film changed my mind - a bit.
              Mercurial talent is often tainted with a hint of less admirable traits.
              Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
                Aerodynamics are what makes it boring now, and that the cars can't go wheel to wheel. saw Pironi and Reutermann on the youtube last night at Dijon (look it up), now that was ballsy racing in cars whose aerodynamics didn't mean you couldn't drive right on each others hearse and bang wheels.

What I meant by Senna, was that if there was a person in a car, in his way, he would try to barge through. He wasn't a racing driver to me, as he thought nothing of anyone elses welfare. He drove into the side of Pros at over 160mph with no regard to him, Prost or the marshalls in a day and age when the drivers had fark all protection.

A looney waiting for the right opportunity to present himself upstairs to the big fella and he got it sooner than most.
                You do know that the reason for his death was mechanical failure? Or was that his fault too? He turned the wheel to hard.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                  You do know that the reason for his death was mechanical failure? Or was that his fault too? He turned the wheel to hard.
                  I am sure I didn't suggest otherwise. However, it was said on the radio he was over driving the car, to keep up with Schumi. He was a loon, that's all, kept talking about divinity, and a love of god, who helped him drive.

Wanted to meet god, and did, sooner than most. Job done

I don't get why people feel it's great and manly to be so aggressive; weren't you loved as a child.

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
                    Mercurial talent is often tainted with a hint of less admirable traits.
                    Oh yes

Schumacher, Joey Barton, McEnroe...

Comment

Working...
                    X