• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hillsborough

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hillsborough

Time for full disclosure?
    Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

WGAS

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
      Time for full disclosure?
      The theiving scouse bastards might not like what they find when the box is opened...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        The theiving scouse bastards might not like what they find when the box is opened...
        That was my thought. What happens if they still don't like the answer?
        Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

It gave birth to a new saying "As hard to sell as the Sun in Liverpool"

Comment

It was called 'steaming'.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
              That was my thought. What happens if they still don't like the answer?
              Nothing that a good bout of looting won't appease.

Comment

What are they hoping the documents reveal?

I thought the causes behind the disaster were well known and covered pretty comprehensively in that TV drama starring Christopher Ecclestone.

Hillsborough (TV 1996) - IMDb

From memory, it was caused by a central gate being left open, so when all the Liverpool supporters piled into the ground (having been delayed so were in a rush to not miss the kick off) they got funnelled down a tunnel into one section that couldn't cope with the surge.

Not sure how accurate the reports of fans steaming the gates to get free entry are, but even so that wasn't the main cause.

Then there were various Policing errors that contributed to the disaster (not opening a relief gate, not allowing ambulances into the ground, etc).

Is the justice they want that the rozzers haven't accepted their part in the blame?
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Don't forget the main problem was of course so many ticketless Liverpool fans trying to get into an area that couldn't cope with the extra people.

It was a tragedy, mistakes were made but I agree with the sentiment that I think that all round people will not like what comes out of the full disclosure.
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Don't forget the main problem was of course so many ticketless Liverpool fans trying to get into an area that couldn't cope with the extra people.

It was a tragedy, mistakes were made but I agree with the sentiment that I think that all round people will not like what comes out of the full disclosure.
                    WHS

I'm listening to inside northwest or whatever it is called on the TV right now.

Liverpool fans want justice? But what justice will there be in knowing they crushed their own. It was a terrible tragedy but I don't think the police can be blamed - but I'm sure if I was a LFC fan up close to the tragedy, I'd think differently.
                    Bazza gets caught
                    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                    X