• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asking prices...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asking prices...

October 2011 | Rightmove Property Blog

National rise of 2.8% (£6,533) in new sellers’ asking prices masks two-tier UK property market

Asking prices in the south rise by 4.7% to set new records while the north falls back 0.7% to levels first achieved over six years ago in May 2005

Average property prices in the south (£336,743) are now more than double those in the north (£164,347)

Highest mortgage approvals since November 2009, indicating a slight easing in the mortgage famine, with low-rate deals likely to help home movers in the deposit-rich south while public sector job losses hit prices in the north

B/Doomed*

* Delete as appropriate.

Nobody works up North, they all sign on.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Nobody works up North, they all sign on.
      I'm working up North, getting the same rate as I get when I work down south but twice the house

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...es-luxury.html
      Last edited by Spacecadet; 17 October 2011, 14:20.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

If your ooop North can you do this with your property of just keep pigeons?

pack em all in
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

To generalise North and South is a bit silly, there are house in areas in the North that cost a lot more than some houses in London.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
            To generalise North and South is a bit silly, there are house in areas in the North that cost a lot more than some houses in London.
            £250K in the north will get you 4-5 bedrooms and a large enough garden to keep a horse in

£250K in london will get you an ex-council flat
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
              I know I lived in one. Got fed up having to walk for 5 minutes to get from the 1000 sq foot kitchen, down the giant long hallway to reach the front door.

Comment

Nurse, bring the meds, the fishy one is speaking all confuddled again
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Lets be clear, when they say North South divide are they talking about North and South London? No one gives a toss about house prices anywhere else are they are peanuts in comparison?
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Times must be hard, there's a house not far from where we live (it's less than a mile away) that's been reduced by £650k!

Comment

Working...
                    X