• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Third week running

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Third week running

PM scheduled a weekly conference call every Monday afternoon a while back.

First two were fine.

Since then, he's not bothered to turn up, but hasn't cancelled them. So, every Monday, I spend time working out what to tell them I've been working on, and then sitting on hold for a while waiting, just in case he's running late.

Do I even bother next week?
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    PM scheduled a weekly conference call every Monday afternoon a while back.

First two were fine.

Since then, he's not bothered to turn up, but hasn't cancelled them. So, every Monday, I spend time working out what to tell them I've been working on, and then sitting on hold for a while waiting, just in case he's running late.

Do I even bother next week?
    On my current assignment I don't bother attending meetings until people come and get me.

My advice would be to delete all scheduled meetings from outlook/whatever and wait...

If someone notes your absence from a meeting merely say that it's not in your scheduler but if they send you an invitation you'll be sure to attend.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      On my current assignment I don't bother attending meetings until people come and get me.

My advice would be to delete all scheduled meetings from outlook/whatever and wait...

If someone notes your absence from a meeting merely say that it's not in your scheduler but if they send you an invitation you'll be sure to attend.
      There's only four of us on the invite - and one guy didn't even make it to the first ones which took place!

Since I'm using my own email account, they don't have visibility of my calendar anyway, and seem to have lost my phone number so they don't even ring me.

Don't think I'll be bothering with the next few...
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Next time, the morning before the meeting ask if there is a meeting this week.

I had this on my current contract and only 2 meetings ever took place. Ours wasn't organised by a PM, but one of the senior "no official job title" types, who basically wants to appear to be "pioneering important collaborative initiatives", or whatever Human Remains want permie managers to tick off their annual objectives...

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post

I had this on my current contract and only 2 meetings ever took place. Ours wasn't organised by a PM, but one of the senior "no official job title" types, who basically wants to appear to be "pioneering important collaborative initiatives", or whatever Human Remains want permie managers to tick off their annual objectives...
          Ahhh, is it his role to go chasing around? Surely he's much too senior/expensive to be doing that...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
            Ahhh, is it his role to go chasing around? Surely he's much too senior/expensive to be doing that...
            It's not just that, you don't want to remind the feckers that there was supposed to be a meeting in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
              It's not just that, you don't want to remind the feckers that there was supposed to be a meeting in the first place.
              Absolutely, "head above the parapet" and all that...

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                +2
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  Er. this is a Monday meeting. Are you suggesting asking on a Sunday?
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Working...
                  X