• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ebay - should I ship to the buyer's ebay address or their paypal address?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ebay - should I ship to the buyer's ebay address or their paypal address?

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 10 June 2022, 16:38.

Originally posted by Jeff Maginty View Post
    I've been selling some items on ebay recently and the buyers have been paying with paypal. However, I noticed that their address stated on emails from ebay is different from their address stated in paypal, so I'm left wondering which address to ship to. I tried emailing one buyer to ask which address to use, but have not received a reply yet. What do people normally do in this situation?

Cheers,
    Jeff
    Errr, send 'em a message and ask them.

FFS, the brains trust is out in force today, eh?

Comment

I tried emailing one buyer to ask which address to use, but have not received a reply yet. What do people normally do in this situation?
      Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Errr, send 'em a message and ask them.

FFS, the brains trust is out in force today, eh?
      Evidently
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 10 June 2022, 16:38.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Evidently
          Oi, twatface, there's a difference between email and the ebay messaging system.

Hth bidi.

Comment

"I tried emailing one buyer to ask which address to use, but have not received a reply yet." - Jeff Maginty

Oh dear. You're not very observant are you? Muppet!!
            Try mumsnet, see what kind of answer you get over there.

Comment

Don't post until you GET a reply.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 10 June 2022, 16:37.

Comment

Dude - I'd want to have a good reason not to ship to paypal address but I'd also be worried - I can't remember exactly but there are some manky rules about how eBay/Paypal won't help you unless you ship to a confirmed paypal address and have both parents and all grandparents go to the post office with you in person. Ebay has a forum - try asking there for the up to date info. I don't sell on ebay any more unless it's cash on collection only (whcih is against the rules now)

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
                    Dude - I'd want to have a good reason not to ship to paypal address but I'd also be worried - I can't remember exactly but there are some manky rules about how eBay/Paypal won't help you unless you ship to a confirmed paypal address and have both parents and all grandparents go to the post office with you in person. Ebay has a forum - try asking there for the up to date info. I don't sell on ebay any more unless it's cash on collection only (whcih is against the rules now)
                    Is it??

I listed an item as COC last night.

Comment

Working...
                    X