• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Possible scam alert

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible scam alert

This supposed agency called Jobfinder 365, which is not an agency but some organisation hunting for people's money, has been plastering the web with thousands of adverts like this:
    IT Support Engineer **No Experience Needed**/ Network/ Systems Job in Brighton

British Jobs - IT Support Engineer **No Experience Needed**/ Netw in Truro, Lancashire

Database Administrator **No Experience Needed**/Support/Admin/Office job in Bath And North East Somerset at Jobfinder 365 Ltd | JobHits.co.uk

If you put the string:

Code:
    "IT Support Engineer **No Experience Needed**"
    (note the double quotes) into Google you'll get thousands of results. I know all of you folks won't fall for this tulip but maybe some newbies lurking on these boards should be alerted.

If you are from Jobfinder 365 and you're not happy with my post please do not hesitate to send me your name, address, CRB certificate, copy of your passport and your company's registration and £25 for expenses cover.
    <Insert idea here> will never be adopted because the politicians are in the pockets of the banks!

That certainly looks kosha but a google brings up various mention of job scams. Getting increasingly hard to tell the fakes these days.
    Last edited by xoggoth; 17 October 2011, 18:12.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Ooh, I've been looking for an excuse to test the new URI scheme from Companies House

http://business.data.gov.uk/id/company/07784508

Comment

Truro, Lancashire?

Comment

More than one company, same director it seems.

This sort of thing appears to be about getting people to sign up for expensive training but whether it's actually illegal, not so sure. Surely one of these people must have contacted trading standards?

Careerjobsuk experiences
          Carreer Jobs UK training SCAM warning! - General Discussion - Digital Spy Forums
          http://www.certforums.co.uk/forums/n...tml#post381326
          Last edited by xoggoth; 17 October 2011, 19:01.
          bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Ooh, I've been looking for an excuse to test the new URI scheme from Companies House

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Oops, forgot the link

Companies House launches URIs

Comment

Originally posted by hazelbeanyeah
                Ordinarily I'm quite cautious of things like this also... But having been contacted by one of the people there who informed me it was a jobs board and went through everything with me, I felt quite comfortable! I was informed that I didn't need any training, as I have a masters in Managing IT Systems. I've been placed on their jobs board and given access to the website which various employers post vacancies.

All in all, happy with all the options given to me! I wasn't pushed towards training, it seemed like a customer service call more than anything.
                SPAM
                Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by hazelbeanyeah
                  Ordinarily I'm quite cautious of things like this also... But having been contacted by one of the people there who informed me it was a jobs board and went through everything with me, I felt quite comfortable! I was informed that I didn't need any training, as I have a masters in Managing IT Systems. I've been placed on their jobs board and given access to the website which various employers post vacancies.

All in all, happy with all the options given to me! I wasn't pushed towards training, it seemed like a customer service call more than anything.
                  Weel that's it then ... I'm convinced. To whom do I send my money?

Comment

Like the mylol.net profile. Have I posted too much on CUK to pretend I'm only 19? Damn!
                    bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                    X