• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Java Contracting - what should I brush up on?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Java Contracting - what should I brush up on?

Hi all,

I have recently resigned from my permanent JEE developer job. For my next role, I wish to get into the Java developer contract market.

Can anyone tell me what areas are in widespread use and in demand in the UK? I have a broad range of skills but I want to taper my CV to aim for specific areas. I want to take some on-line tutorials in these areas to ensure I pass any technical tests/interviews.

My background is JEE, Spring MVC, SQL, Hibernate, Sun App server, some Soap and Restful web services, Mule and a bit of Struts, among other things. All in an Agile Scrum environment.

Can anyone tell me if those areas are in demand for contracting? Should I be aiming to brush up on basic Java also?

Any help is very much appreciated.

Thanks

Your skills are perfect!!!

You'll be on ~£1k per day in "The City".

Oh, btw is your Visa transferable?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Visa transferable? What do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
        You need a Visa. Didn't you know?

Oi lads!!! This fella didn't know!

Comment

Ignore him, he's trolling.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            Ignore him, he's trolling.
            No I'm not. Although I may be trawling...

Comment

Hi all,

I have recently resigned from my permanent JEE developer job. For my next role, I wish to get into the Java developer contract market.

Can anyone tell me what areas are in widespread use and in demand in the UK? I have a broad range of skills but I want to taper my CV to aim for specific areas. I want to take some on-line tutorials in these areas to ensure I pass any technical tests/interviews.

My background is JEE, Spring MVC, SQL, Hibernate, Sun App server, some Soap and Restful web services, Mule and a bit of Struts, among other things. All in an Agile Scrum environment.

Can anyone tell me if those areas are in demand for contracting? Should I be aiming to brush up on basic Java also?

Thanks
              Maybe these are things to be considered before quitting, no?

Comment

What should you brush up on? Java.
                Next !
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Hi all,

Thanks
                  Shoulda went to .NET.

Java is dying.

Comment

Originally posted by russell View Post
                    Shoulda went to .NET.

Java is dying.
                    <shush>We don't want the likes of "him" on the <toot><toot> - MilanBenes will be doing his fruit!

Comment

Working...
                    X