• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Girona Airport car hire – prepay fuel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Girona Airport car hire – prepay fuel

Just wondering if anyone is a regular user of Girona airport and has a reasonable car hire company.

Booked a small car this weekend, but with the pre-pay fuel I was stung 90 Euros for a large car as this is all that was available, instead of the 50 Euros for a smaller car. My £40 plus pay for the few £££ I would use fuel car hire totalled £140.

Only used half the tank, so feeling very cheated.

Other than Alamo / National that are £120 for the car hire compared to £35 for the pre-pay lot, are there any other reasonable alternatives?

Seriously considering the bus instead!!

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
    Just wondering if anyone is a regular user of Girona airport and has a reasonable car hire company.

Booked a small car this weekend, but with the pre-pay fuel I was stung 90 Euros for a large car as this is all that was available, instead of the 50 Euros for a smaller car. My £40 plus pay for the few £££ I would use fuel car hire totalled £140.

Only used half the tank, so feeling very cheated.

Other than Alamo / National that are £120 for the car hire compared to £35 for the pre-pay lot, are there any other reasonable alternatives?

Seriously considering the bus instead!!
    Wimslow. You're a permy. You're a soon to be arrested permy. What the **** are you doing on a contractor forum?

Have a word with Zoiderman, he knows all about cars.
    (Don't tell him you drive a Focus... He's a bit of a Marque :nazi: )

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Wimslow. You're a permy. You're a soon to be arrested permy. What the **** are you doing on a contractor forum?

You can actually start a business account with one of the main players and it's cheaper, if you rent often. Other than that, it's the bus/train. It's like Ryanair getting you to pay for all sorts, it's just a cheap players way of improving their margin.

What we'll also do, is rent the worst possible car from a main player on the net, then asking to upgrade when we get there. Normally get a much better deal on a nicer car. Other than that, they've got you by your goolies

Comment

Originally posted by Zoiderman View Post
        You can actually start a business account with one of the main players and it's cheaper, if you rent often. Other than that, it's the bus/train. It's like Ryanair getting you to pay for all sorts, it's just a cheap players way of improving their margin.

What we'll also do, is rent the worst possible car from a main player on the net, then asking to upgrade when we get there. Normally get a much better deal on a nicer car. Other than that, they've got you by your goolies
        Told you...

Comment

Told you...
          Wow, so angry, so very angry.

Must be a ginge

Comment

Pretty much all the car hire firms seem to get a roasting on feedback sites. [It would be boring to note that people with complaints are arguably more motivated to write a review]. Was it cliphead that provided a link to review site once? I don't seem to have bookmarked it. It was good though.

Comment

I think the idea is that you fill the tank before returning the car and then you get the fuel money back.

BTW, I knew a company directoy who used to piss in the tank before taking the car back.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                I think the idea is that you fill the tank before returning the car and then you get the fuel money back.

BTW, I knew a company directoy who used to piss in the tank before taking the car back.
                I think with the cheap firms they fill the car up 'for you', charging about 3 times the going rate, and assume you will be coming back with an empty tank, which of course most won't do so in effect charge for the unused fuel, yet again.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                  I think with the cheap firms they fill the car up 'for you', charging about 3 times the going rate, and assume you will be coming back with an empty tank, which of course most won't do so in effect charge for the unused fuel, yet again.
                  Exactly. They do lot let you take the car back full, well you can, but you don't see your 90 Euros back.

What pissed me off is that I knew this, ordered a small car for 40 Euros fuel, but because they had none available I had to stump up 90 Euros for around £30 worth of fuel!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
                    Exactly. They do lot let you take the car back full, well you can, but you don't see your 90 Euros back.

What pissed me off is that I knew this, ordered a small car for 40 Euros fuel, but because they had none available I had to stump up 90 Euros for around £30 worth of fuel!!!
                    More fuel you
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X