• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blood curdling news from the City (cont)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blood curdling news from the City (cont)

Oh dear 40% of all jobs to go in the City

The bonfire of the bankers has only just begun - Business Analysis & Features, Business - The Independent

Those of you in a finance contract please write a short description as to why you should keep your job....thx then we'll review it.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Plenty of openings in local takeaways...suppose they'll just have to retrain.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Two firms likely to lay off thousands
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Will we get more funny video interviews of people in sharp suit leaving a tall building with a brown cardbox in their hands?
          "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
            Will we get more funny video interviews of people in sharp suit leaving a tall building with a brown cardbox in their hands?
            As long as they are not doing it from a 5th floor window like they were on black Wednesday.
            Just saying like.

where there's chaos, there's cash !

I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong!

Lowering the tone since 1963

Comment

Originally posted by Arturo Bassick View Post
              As long as they are not doing it from a 5th floor window like they were on black Wednesday.
              I agree - I recommend the 25th floor window.
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Sainsbury's to create 50,000 new jobs by 2020 | News | Recruiter

Sorted!

Comment

They've probably squirrelled away more tax payers money than they could spend in a lifetime anyway.

Comment

Boomed!
                    We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
                    - Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                    X