• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK inflation hits 5.2%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK inflation hits 5.2%

BBC News - UK CPI inflation rate rises to 5.2% in September

Wouldn't it be terrible if they jack interest rates up just before AtW gets his mortgage approved?

Wait a minute are you tell me people in the UK with money in the bank are loosing value minute by minute as long as current account / saving rates remaining far below in the abyss?

Thank goodness I keep a euro account for my wod.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      Wait a minute are you tell me people in the UK with money in the bank are loosing value minute by minute as long as current account / saving rates remaining far below in the abyss?

Thank goodness I keep a euro account for my wod.
      Minor stuff compared to what's about to happen in Euroland.
      HTH

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7LI4B420111018
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh dear looks like there's a currency crisis brewing in pound land, as opposed to a debt crisis in a zone with a stable currency.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          BBC News - UK CPI inflation rate rises to 5.2% in September

Wouldn't it be terrible if they jack interest rates up just before AtW gets his mortgage approved?
          Even worse if it was just after he exchanged contracts.

(Otherwise he could simply bottle it again and hunker down in his bedsit.)
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Oh dear looks like there's a currency crisis brewing in pound land, as opposed to a debt crisis in a zone with a stable currency.
            You don't think a sovereign debt crisis has any connection at all with the currency of those sovereigns?
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think the BOE should print another £75 Billion, just to be sure.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Wow, if that's the figure they'll admit to it must be at least 10% in real life!

Comment

Last edited by Jeff Maginty; 10 June 2022, 16:37.

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    I think the BOE should print another £75 Billion, just to be sure.
                    We can. Millions of Europeans wish they could.

HTH, BIDI.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X