• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wahee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wahee

Just phoned HMRC to see if I could deregister my small limited company from PAYE which they did, but they are also sending me a cheque for £750+interest for the online filing incentives, although they never sent me anything at all about it for that company, so I assumed that as I had paid no salary it wasn't due.

Good old HMRC!! Must be a first seeing that on CUK.

PS Although come to think of it, shouldn't it be 500+250+125+75 = 950??? Cheated!!!!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Just phoned HMRC to see if I could deregister my small limited company from PAYE which they did, but they are also sending me a cheque for £750+interest for the online filing incentives, although they never sent me anything at all about it for that company, so I assumed that as I had paid no salary it wasn't due.

Good old HMRC!! Must be a first seeing that on CUK.

PS Although come to think of it, shouldn't it be 500+250+125+75 = 950??? Cheated!!!!
    Send them an invoice and late penalty.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Payment made to the company = profit = Corp Tax = Payment to HMRC

Don't spend it all just yet.

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
        Payment made to the company = profit = Corp Tax = Payment to HMRC

Don't spend it all just yet.
        Except the on-line filing incentives are not subject to corp tax.
        Last edited by Sockpuppet; 18 October 2011, 15:06.

Comment

Quite, CT free. Added to the £1055 the ombudsman made Churchill Insurance pay me a couple of weeks back, its been quite a good month.
          bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
            Quite, CT free. Added to the £1055 the ombudsman made Churchill Insurance pay me a couple of weeks back, its been quite a good month.
            Was that over the problem with your van, Xogg?

Comment

Yup. They said the auxiliary drive damage wasn't caused by the accident and I got a ruling in my favour. Decent price too, I checked a few ads online and thought it was only worth about £750.
              bloggoth

Comment

Working...
              X