• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security clearance (SC) invalid due to working abroad for 6 months?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Security clearance (SC) invalid due to working abroad for 6 months?

Hi,

There is a potential role for me but I am told that my SC clearance could now be invalid having been working in Norway for 6 months, does this sound right?

Thanks!

Originally posted by supadid View Post
    Hi,

There is a potential role for me but I am told that my SC clearance could now be invalid having been working in Norway for 6 months, does this sound right?

Thanks!
    No.

China, Iran or North Korea maybe. Play dumb, who's saying it could be invalid? The agent who no longer has the role I bet.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Is it because you are called Anders Behring Breivik?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Have you been working at a heavy water factory?
        +50 Xeno Geek Points
        Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
        As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

It's possible. You;ve been out of sight of the UK security services and any List X company. They don't know where you went when you were in Norway (if, indeed, you were in Norway... ).

However there is absolutely zero reason why you shouldn't be allowed to apply for the role; clearance only matters when you've got the job, and only the sponsor can judge if you're eligible for clearance. If the agent is inclined to argue, point him at the Cabinet Office rules on clearance published on their website; I'll bet he's never even heard ofthem.
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
            It's possible. You;ve been out of sight of the UK security services and any List X company. They don't know where you went when you were in Norway (if, indeed, you were in Norway... ).

However there is absolutely zero reason why you shouldn't be allowed to apply for the role; clearance only matters when you've got the job, and only the sponsor can judge if you're eligible for clearance. If the agent is inclined to argue, point him at the Cabinet Office rules on clearance published on their website; I'll bet he's never even heard ofthem.
            Nor had the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills when I spoke to them last
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
            X