• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What's wrong with China?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with China?

Two year old girl is run over by van and left, then another van runs over her and people just walk past leaving her on the road. Finally after 18 people just stepping over/round her someone finally picks her up. She is now in hospital with serious injuries. Hopefully she will survive.

It is so sickening to see a society behave in this way.

Horrific, but... nothing new. Casual cruelty, lack of empathy, not wanting to get involved happens all over the world. What's important is to resolve that if you see someone suffering or in need, that you won't walk on by.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Update here Mother, nation struggle along with Chinese toddler in hit-and-run video - CNN.com

Not dead yet, but in a coma.

Comment

Cruel but normal in a country like China where billions live and everyday is a race. People are busy. They have jobs to fulfill, the entire world is looking up to them to produce the goods. Can you imagne such a thing happening in a proper civilised place like London ?
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Healthcare in China isn't free; there's a risk that if you help, you'll foot the bill.

A judge in the eastern city of Nanjing made headlines five years ago when he blamed a good Samaritan for knocking an old lady over in the street because "common sense" meant only the guilty help the injured.

Plus Confucian philosopy tends to lead to putting family before strangers, as opposed to the Western spiritual tradition of "Good Samaritan".

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
            ... Can you imagne such a thing happening in a proper civilised place like London ?
            Probably not specifically, but as someone posted in another forum on the subject:

You would be surprised - I remember years ago driving in London and ending up lost on some estate. I was horrified to see when I went down a street a toddler - and I mean about 18months old - being put on the roof of a car by some older kids who then ran away.
            I got to the child just before he fell off the roof and another child told me where he lived. I went to the house where the mother opened the door - not interested that her child was left on the streets at all.
            After questioning her a voice came from the back
            " Shut the door and tell that f****** nosy parker to F*** off

Comment

Cruel but normal in a country like China
              What would you know - I'm an expat here in China. Have you ever been here to know the facts.

Can you imagne such a thing happening in a proper civilised place like London ?
              I couldn't imagine it in China but the Chinese did see the recent riots on TV in which you started killing each other.

Comment

It's when events aren't the norm for the place they occur that they make the news.

Comment

Originally posted by configman View Post
                  What would you know - I'm an expat here in China. Have you ever been here to know the facts.
                  I agree with fullyautomatix, life is cheap there from concentration type work camps to poverty to smuggling of poor workers to the West. Yes I think we can say that it appears almost normal and of course very cruel. And no, I don't need to go there to know the facts.
                  Last edited by TiroFijo; 19 October 2011, 07:09.

Comment

What's wrong with China?

Let me see.

Its population and ethnic diversity are too great to practically manage without the threat of extreme violence by its masters.

Their method of population control/social engineering has failed. Murdering a baby just before it leaves the womb just isn't right, even if the family have broken the law by having more than one child.

It's a dictatorship supposedly run under the flag of communism.

Its leadership is sh!t scared that it is losing it's grip so things are going to get worse before they get better. There will be no equivalent of "Arab Spring".

Life is cheap.

Comment

Working...
                    X