• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dale Farm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dale Farm

All supposed to be kicking off this morning.

Looks like a lot of people standing around waiting for some action.

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post
    All supposed to be kicking off this morning.

Looks like a lot of people standing around waiting for some action.
    Riot Police called in as someone threw a brick.

Comment

Radio 5 presenter to the council bloke " are you happy that Police are using tasers"

What a fatuous question!

WHo in their right mind would be happy about that?

The fact is that enforcement of the law the rest of us have to abide by is overdue down there - the "travellers" (who don't want to travel) have to face it now, no more talking tough whilst running off to the High court like the crybabies they are.

Comment

Where are the Hooman Rights lawyers when they need them?

Comment

Personally I'm quite happy the police are kicking the tulip out of them. Not so much the travellers but the protesters who just went there as they were looking for a fight. They're a lot like football hooligans in that way.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            Radio 5 presenter to the council bloke " are you happy that Police are using tasers"

What a fatuous question!

WHo in their right mind would be happy about that?

The fact is that enforcement of the law the rest of us have to abide by is overdue down there - the "travellers" (who don't want to travel) have to face it now, no more talking tough whilst running off to the High court like the crybabies they are.
            I'm happy they're using tazers. CM will be even happier. She likes to see a good tazering! Hurts like **** but hey, if it keeps her happy.

Comment

I watched several house bricks being lobbed at the police

If someone lobbed a brick at me and I had riot gear on and baton in hand I'm not sure I could show restraint & skulls would be cracked
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Just saw some aerial footage. Looked like plod were all queueing to use the portacabin loos.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Have any of those 'celebrity' do-gooders been tasered yet?

Or have they played their "I'm a celebrity get me out of here..." card and done a runner now it's all come on top?
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    I watched several house bricks being lobbed at the police

If someone lobbed a brick at me and I had riot gear on and baton in hand I'm not sure I could show restraint & skulls would be cracked
                    The land is owned by the travellers and they have the legal right to be there. What they don’t have is planning permission. As the travellers don’t have another home to go to; they will act desperately. I don’t understand how the police can get involved in enforcing planning controls.

Ironically, the government will be relaxing planning controls and no doubt a Tesco Store will be build on farm land not so far away.
                    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Working...
                    X