• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Brave New World

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brave New World

Brave New World with Stephen Hawking - Channel 4

Having watched that, I've decided that you lot are very busily creating Skynet and the Terminators.

Just make sure you make the warp drive before you do it though.

I really don't want to be fighting the metal bastards through the millennia.

Originally posted by REESE
    Listen. Understand. That
    Terminator is out there. It
    can't be reasoned with, it can't
    be bargained with...it doesn't
    feel pity of remorse or fear...
    and it absolutely will not stop.
    Ever. Until you are dead.
    Last edited by zeitghost; 19 October 2011, 07:47.

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Brave New World with Stephen Hawking - Channel 4

Having watched that, I've decided that you lot are very busily creating Skynet and the Terminators.

Just make sure you make the warp drive before you do it though.

I really don't want to be fighting the metal bastards through the millennia.
    I used to work on a project called Skynet as well....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Got it recorded and failed twice to watch it in bed (fell asleep on both occasions). From what little I recall it was boring (have faint recollection of wanting to hit the skip forward by a minute button).

Comment

Hmm, now I come to think of it, I did work on a government project called Murdering Robot Bastards.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          Hmm, now I come to think of it, I did work on a government project called Murdering Robot Bastards.
          Mmmm. If they can't even get the National Programme to work I very much doubt they'd be able to create autonomous murdering robots unless...

What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
            Got it recorded and failed twice to watch it in bed (fell asleep on both occasions). From what little I recall it was boring (have faint recollection of wanting to hit the skip forward by a minute button).
            The problem with most modern documentaries is that they feel that they have to be an hour long to be taken seriously, even if they only have 5 minutes worth of content.
            I blame the discovery channel
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
              Mmmm. If they can't even get the National Programme to work I very much doubt they'd be able to create autonomous murdering robots unless...

That model prototype is supposed to be top secret.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post

Is that your "cage fighting" kit?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                  Is that your "cage fighting" kit?
                  No, his is more like this:

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                    I used to work on a project called Skynet as well....
                    Me too.

I was involved (many moons ago) in testing ICs that went into that particular version.

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Yes. I beamed out a couple of times.

And that was at 18:45 in the evening.

I had to have my bath & come back to it to keep myself awake.

The thought control wheelchair was good, as was the set of legs for paraplegics.

Naturally enough, we then had to have the military applications of that device (a.k.a. the man amplifier as per "Get away from her you bitch" in Aliens).

Had to watch this week's epic in two parts too, for dozing off reasons.

It had Kathy Sykes who is reasonably fit, and some other lady who is very fit, their presence helped to keep me awake.

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                    The problem with most modern documentaries is that they feel that they have to be an hour long to be taken seriously, even if they only have 5 minutes worth of content.
                    I blame the discovery channel
                    I record the ones on commercial channels, then they only last about 45 minutes.
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 8 May 2017, 08:56.

Comment

Working...
                    X